Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
People Unclear on the Concept — Parallax Forums

People Unclear on the Concept

ercoerco Posts: 20,255
edited 2014-02-18 01:38 in Robotics
Now get this: http://cgi.ebay.com/SPYKEE-ASSEMBLERS_W0QQitemZ170364850511QQ

They are selling a service, not an item. For $65, these people will assemble and ship your Spykee robot.

Now I haven't assembled mine yet, but it's 'cuz I'm not in a rush. I have a few other projects in the queue. But I look forward to it;·assembling·robots is·one of the·funnest parts. Why on earth would anyone pay someone else to have that fun?

Perhaps·I should offer to·go to Disneyland for people who are too busy. What do you think, cost of transportation & entry plus $50?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
·"If you build it, they will come."

Comments

• Martin_HMartin_H Posts: 4,051
    edited 2010-06-08 02:16
    Well if you like building robots then assembling other people's robots would be the ideal career! It could be good work if you could get it.

I'm always amazed at what people are willing to pay for. The World of Warcraft level up service boggled my mind. First you pay to play a game, but then you then pay someone else to play it for you!
  • Jessica UelmenJessica Uelmen Posts: 490
    edited 2010-06-08 16:03
    @erco -

And for just a pittance more, you can even send photoshopped pictures of their family at the park! I think it's genius.

-- Jessica

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Jessica Uelmen
    Education Department
    Parallax Inc.
  • GeorgeCollinsGeorgeCollins Posts: 132
    edited 2010-06-09 23:04
    It makes perfect sense to me. Where I live, around Christmas time people put signs cars that say they will assemble toys for you. I work in video games, and more and more the model is that we charge money to save you time. The idea is that your best customers have more money than time.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    My Robots
  • rpdbrpdb Posts: 101
    edited 2010-06-11 01:58
    A serrogate robot birther?

Are there adoption papers, visitation rights?

What about when the AI matures?

How do you go about writing the code to explain this to such a young BOT?

I think I'll write Ann Landers before I consider the ramifications of a divide by 0 blow up!!!
  • GranzGranz Posts: 179
    edited 2010-06-22 00:26
    rpdb said...
    A serrogate robot birther?

Are there adoption papers, visitation rights?

What about when the AI matures?

How do you go about writing the code to explain this to such a young BOT?

I think I'll write Ann Landers before I consider the ramifications of a divide by 0 blow up!!!

I laughed so hard that I couldn't click on links for several seconds.

Would Ann really know anything about divide by 0 errors?

Art
  • parapara Posts: 1
    edited 2014-02-18 01:38
    Martin_H wrote: »
    Well if you like building robots then assembling other people's robots would be the ideal career! It could be good work if you could get it.

I'm always amazed at what people are willing to pay for. The World of Warcraft level up service boggled my mind. First you pay to play a game, but then you then pay someone else to play it for you!

I only pay for wow time card every month