Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
question!!!!!!!!!!! — Parallax Forums

question!!!!!!!!!!!

KARIM102KARIM102 Posts: 75
edited 2010-06-04 13:14 in Learn with BlocklyProp
Dear all,
·i would to ask about the PBAISC!!! could we use music as a output from microcontroller??? i mean like media player file or any music file with the stamp microcontroller.
if that possible how we attach the file ?????????

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2010-06-03 23:39
    Not the way you want. The Stamps can make simple tones in sequence using the FREQOUT statement and there are sample programs that can play simple tunes, but the Stamps cannot handle media files or music files. It is possible to attach a music file player (like .WAV or .MP3 files) to a Stamp so that the Stamp acts as a controller, but the external player handles the files and does the conversion of the files into audio. Vinculum makes the VMusic2 which uses USB memory sticks while the uMP3 uses an SD card. SparkFun sells a "breakout board" with a player chip on it along with an SD card socket.
  • KARIM102KARIM102 Posts: 75
    edited 2010-06-04 10:07
    so mike what i got is that the stamps controller can't open the music file!!!! if i use breakout board and USB memory sticks could the stamp controll which file will open that u can hear it by speaker as such SoundPAL!!!!!

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
  • Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2010-06-04 13:09
    No

Do your research! Google Vinculum and read the documentation on their VMusic2. Google SparkFun and read their documentation on their breakout board for the VS1002 MP3/SD player. Google Rogue Robotics for their uMP3. All of these produce low-level audio, so you'll need some kind of amplifier to go with your speaker. The SoundPAL is not a speaker. It happens to have a small speaker in it, but it can't be used as a speaker with something else.

Like I said, the VMusic2, uMP3, and the VS1002 can all be controlled by a Stamp. The Stamp itself can't process a sound file.
    edited 2010-06-04 13:14
    thx a lot i would use FTDI Vmusic2 with baisc stamp i guess it would help!!!!!!!!

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    edited 2010-06-04 13:14
    thx a lot i would use FTDI Vmusic2 with baisc stamp i guess it would help!!!!!!!!

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔