Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Need Help With Ping))) Sensor and Gripper!!!!!! — Parallax Forums

Need Help With Ping))) Sensor and Gripper!!!!!!

HassanDudeHassanDude Posts: 2
edited 2010-06-04 03:25 in Learn with BlocklyProp
Alright so my plan is fairly simple:

Starts with a remote
Boebot spins in a circle
Finds an object with the Ping))) Sensor
Goes to object
Picks it up with a gripper
Brings it back (by following a line)

So I've got the basic idea done, but I'm still confused about the Ping Sensor and gripper part. How do I get the sensor to pick up the object? And I have no idea how to code the gripper.

Can someone please help me with this?

Thank you!

Comments

• Martin HebelMartin Hebel Posts: 1,239
    edited 2010-06-03 19:14
    First, the object would need to be fairly tall so that it extends upwards into the range of the Ping (higher than the gripper). Also, the ping has a fairly large angle of detection, so you may get a return off of it even when not pointing directly at it. You would need to turn the bot slowly and find where it appears closest. This may still not be very accurate and you may need to check again once you drive closer to it.

The Gripper is easy to use, you simply rotate a gripper to open and close it very similar to controlling the drive servos of your bot.

You have a nice plan of action, the next step is to get the equipment and begin testing to understand the operation and nuances of the devices, test some theories and begin working on the code to make it work.

-Martin
  • FranklinFranklin Posts: 4,747
    edited 2010-06-04 00:59
    There was someone else here trying to do the same thing perhaps you could search for that thread and get some ideas. He had some video on youtube about it.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    - Stephen
  • HassanDudeHassanDude Posts: 2
    edited 2010-06-04 02:09
    Oh really?
    Could you please give me the link to their post? Or the youtube video please?

Thank you! [noparse]:)[/noparse]
  • FranklinFranklin Posts: 4,747
    edited 2010-06-04 03:25
    You can search as well as I. Use Google with site:forums.parallax.com and your search terms.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    - Stephen