Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
PLX-DAQ: Could not load an object — Parallax Forums

PLX-DAQ: Could not load an object

InvaderZimInvaderZim Posts: 3
edited 2010-08-11 08:55 in BASIC Stamp
Hi all, I searched the forum but couldn't find information on this one.

I used to use SelmaDAQ and loved it. I have a new machine now and so must install PLX-DAQ, but I get an error in Excel when I run the spreadsheet: Could not load an object because it is not available on this machine.

My macro security is set on Medium, and I enable macros on opening. I'm using MS Excel 2003 (and Office 2003). My OS is WinXP SP2 (same as with SelmaDAQ). I have a free COM port that I've used for other purposes before (it works). I do NOT have any Basic Stamp software installed on this machine.

When I debug, it brings me to Stamp.Disconnect in the Private Sub cboPort_Click() subroutine.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
·

Comments

• kf4ixmkf4ixm Posts: 529
    edited 2010-06-02 14:00
    Try·installing the basic stamp software, which will install the ftdi drivers for the com port and see if that solves your problem.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    I'm just 7*1027 atoms floating through time and space in close formation. -KF4IXM
  • InvaderZimInvaderZim Posts: 3
    edited 2010-08-05 13:30
    I've installed the Basic Stamp Software. I can open a debugger window in the software and receive data perfectly on the com port (port 4). I still cannot get past the error in Excel.

It is like it doesn't know what Stamp.xxxx is referring to. I've un/re-installed PLX-DAQ once, with no luck.
  • InvaderZimInvaderZim Posts: 3
    edited 2010-08-11 08:55
    What do you know, I sorted it. There is an activeX control (selmaDAQ_Ver2.ocx) that is in the c:\windows\system32 directory. However my registry was set to d:\windows\system32. My computer has done things like that before, confusing d with c, and some programs don't install right. I could have changed all registry references, but it was easier to just create system32 on my D and copy that file over.

I didn't clue in earlier since the Stamp terminal window worked fine, but looking back that's an unrelated function.

It looks like I'm back up and running now! Woohoo!