Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Evil Genius "123 Robotisc" book question — Parallax Forums

Evil Genius "123 Robotisc" book question

Jerry ElyaJerry Elya Posts: 16
edited 2010-06-02 18:03 in BASIC Stamp
Okay, on p. 214 of "123 Robotics Experiments for thwe Evil Genius" book, it says, "". . . entry level BS-2, which you can buy at a reduced cost directl;y from Parallax using the information printed on the book's cover."

Well, the book's copyright is 2004, and there's nothing on/in/beside/under/opposite thye cover. So, I'm assuming taht the print is just an artifact; I should buy from Parallax just like I planned on before getting the book? Besides, I wouldn't be surprised if the then-"bargain" price turns out to be higher than it is now. . . .

Comments

• Ken GraceyKen Gracey Posts: 7,387
    edited 2010-06-01 03:57
    Jerry,

I remember the book - from Predko I believe. It should have a simple PCB in the back that accommodates the BS2-IC.

We can still honor the price. There's no reason to be concerned about losing out on the bargain price.

Here's what you can do:

- place your order on-line at www.parallax.com for a BS2 at full price
    - make a note in the remarks section "$30 per Ken Gracey for 123 Robotics Experiments for the Evil Genius Book"
    - they'll credit the difference

And there you have it. I'll let our sales staff know that they should expect one such order from a gentleman named Jerry.

Have a great week -

Ken Gracey

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Ken Gracey
    Parallax Inc.

Follow me at http://twitter.com/ParallaxKen for some insider news.

Post Edited (Ken Gracey (Parallax)) : 6/1/2010 4:35:11 AM GMT
  • allanlane5allanlane5 Posts: 3,815
    edited 2010-06-01 13:55
    Parallax is so cool.
  • Jerry ElyaJerry Elya Posts: 16
    edited 2010-06-02 18:03
    Um, wow, dunno what to say. I thought the one-liner in the middle of the book was just a printers' artifact. No company that >I< have ever worked for has/would have done somethiong like that! This level of service explains precisely why I don't use the other microcontrollers-- only took a MONTH and countless downloads to get another PIC & controller to blink a light.

You say it's a "simple board", right? I found teh seal in the back was broken (!!) and because the board in it was, yes, quite simple, I thought there was a second board that was missing. SO I have it all, right? I bought the various plugs & sockets, caps, and have just placed an order with Parallax for the the Basic Stamp II.

Can't thank you enough for thye support. Humongous project has just been born!

Jerry