Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
(Untitled) — Parallax Forums

(Untitled)

USMCinfinityUSMCinfinity Posts: 150
edited 2010-05-31 03:22 in BASIC Stamp
I have the homework board and will buy the stampworks this will. I also have almost every imaginable electric component. I meant I will buy the stampworks experiment kit, does that one include a microprocessor? And rigjt now im just playing around with stuff. But i have done a light follower and ballonsat, both with arduino.

Comments

• USMCinfinityUSMCinfinity Posts: 150
    edited 2010-05-30 19:53
    Sorry this was supposed to be in the micro specs topic.
  • Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2010-05-30 19:59
    Read the webstore description of the StampWorks Experiment Kit. It includes the Professional Development Board and the BS2 microcontroller which is the same microcontroller used on the Homework Board, just in a different package.
    edited 2010-05-30 20:14
    Is there a simple way of connecting the BS2 module to a breadboard?
    edited 2010-05-30 20:48
    Yes. First you need to explain what you're trying to accomplish.
    edited 2010-05-30 21:49
    I'll probably want to do another light follower but with the basic stamp instead of the arduino. Using NXT lego pieces.
    edited 2010-05-30 22:28
    But you asked about a simple way of connecting the BS2 module to a breadboard. Why do you want to do that? What do you consider a "simple way"?

If you're using the Professional Development Board (PDB), all the Stamp I/O pins are brought out to headers so you can connect jumper wires to the breadboard that's part of the PDB. The BS2 module goes into a socket on the PDB so its pins can't be damaged by repeated insertion and removal. Similarly, the Homework Board has header sockets for all of the I/O pins as well as the power supply.
    edited 2010-05-31 02:19
    Because lets say I want to program the BS2 Module with a line follower program then attach it to the robot's breadboard.
    edited 2010-05-31 03:22
    You can plug the BS2 module into the robot's breadboard like any other IC. Again, the pins can be damaged if you're not careful and you can't plug and unplug the module repeatedly. This is true of ICs in general, particularly those with a lot of pins. It's easy to reprogram the Stamp in the breadboard. The BASIC Stamp Syntax and Reference Manual has schematics showing how to connect the BS2 module to a DB9 serial socket which can be connected to a PC for programming or debugging.