Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
BS2 comments question — Parallax Forums

BS2 comments question

EverQuriousEverQurious Posts: 48
edited 2010-05-24 19:37 in BASIC Stamp
Now for the stupid question of the day. Although I have been using the BS2 for a couple of years there is one thing that came to mind the other day. I like to use plenty of comments in my code when developing a program. My question is... Do the comments take up BS2 memory or are they disregarded during the tokenizing / uploading process?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
EverQurious

Try not to fret and worry bout the things that you have not...
Just remember to be thankful for the things you've got !!!

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2010-05-24 17:07
    The comments are ignored by the Stamp Editor. Please continue to use them to document your code as much as you'd like.
  • EverQuriousEverQurious Posts: 48
    edited 2010-05-24 17:29
    Thanks again Mike. You always seem to have the answer!!! Always helpful. Have a great one.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    EverQurious

Try not to fret and worry bout the things that you have not...
    Just remember to be thankful for the things you've got !!!
  • Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2010-05-24 17:39
    I'm a strong proponent of people learning how things work through experimentation rather than just asking someone else for "the answer". Along those lines, look at the Stamp memory map that you can get from the Stamp Editor. This shows all of the bytes that get downloaded to the Stamp from the Editor. Write a small program, maybe two or three lines and look at the memory map to see what's produced by the compiler. Add a comment to one line and recompile and look to see whether anything changes. Add another line with just a comment and see what happens. You could even try a program just consisting of comments or just comments and an END statement and see what you get.
  • allanlane5allanlane5 Posts: 3,815
    edited 2010-05-24 19:37
    Note that the "memory map" does not show what IS in the BS2 memory. Instead, it shows what the IDE will download into the BS2 -- at no time does the IDE actually 'read' the memory of the BS2.

Just a thought.