Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Music help... — Parallax Forums

Music help...

default159default159 Posts: 1
edited 2010-05-24 18:38 in BASIC Stamp
My teacher is having us program the boe bots to run a maze... I am joining this project late, so my partner has already programmed it. I have done nothing yet, and the problem is that I do not know how... and I cant really learn how in the last 2 days of this project...
now my question... We want to play the song Yakety Sax with the piezo speaker...Would anyone care to code that for me. all I (think) that I know is, you have to use the sheet music some way... so here it is... http://users.757.org/~ethan/music_sax/Yakety_Sax_Eb.pdf

I would really appreciate it if someone would code that music and give me permission to use it... thank you

Comments

• FranklinFranklin Posts: 4,747
    edited 2010-05-21 03:59
    You probably do not have time to do what you want so think of something you have the skills to do or just do nothing and stand back and watch.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    - Stephen
  • MikerocontrollerMikerocontroller Posts: 310
    edited 2010-05-21 04:32
    You can do this in two days:· Read chapter 8 of the "Whats a Microcontroller" book.· Find the program that plays RTTTL files.· Find out what RTTTL files are and then search the internet for your tune in this format.· Take your RTTTL file and insert it into the program in place of the existing RTTTL file.· Pay attention to the formatting of the file you will be using·to be sure it will work. ··I doubt you're expected to program a music application from scratch. There is a solution here.· No one in these forums does homework for students.·
  • IroneIrone Posts: 116
    edited 2010-05-24 18:38
    How Ya Doin'?

Jessica Uelmen has a real nice post at http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php?p=833536

I·programed Good King Wenslesaus around Christmas and I still know little about programming.

She also tells you about reading Chapter 8 of Whats a Microcontroller. It takes me 4 times to remember half of whats there.

Also keep coming back here, you learn from the best.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    I fish, therefore I lie!