Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
EMS LRP 840 RFID device Programming Support — Parallax Forums

EMS LRP 840 RFID device Programming Support

JanakaJanaka Posts: 1
edited 2010-05-20 18:03 in Accessories
Hi , I am using EMS LRP 840 RFID device and i need to get the RFID reading to my C# Program . RFID device is connected through Ethernet Port , Can you share any sample or advice on C# redevelopment with RFID reading and Writing

Comments

• John R.John R. Posts: 1,376
    edited 2010-05-20 18:03
    As I have an interest in RFID, both personal and professional, I did a google on "EMS LRP 840 RFID" and didn't find anything useful exept a post from your brother on CodeProject.com smile.gif Note: I googled that specific phrase, and didn't even try to dig deeper.

This isn't a Parallax product, and you're not connecting to a Parallax product, so unless you get lucky and someone here has worked with this device, I wouldn't expect much of a response.

Did you get this as "development kit", or just the "raw product". I hate to say it, but you may be stuck going back to EMS to try and find support. Even if you didn't purchase the full development kit, you may be able to get some good information by downloading the documentation for said development kit (if you can find it, not sure how EMS handles that stuff).

Setting all that aside, if the RFID device (reader, read/write???) is indeed on Ethernet, you will probably need to communicate from Visual Studio to it using a IP "Socket", but you'll need to know the address of the device, as well as what port and protocol (UDP or TCP). That information should be in the doucmentation for the device. After that, it's just a matter of knowing the communication protocal/command specifics. Typically, you'll send out a packet over the socket, and listen for a response back. If you're not actively commujnicating, you will probably need to be "listening" on the port. It depends on how the device is programmed. It may be "passive", meaning that it won't send anything out unless asked to do so.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    John R.
    Click here to see my Nomad Build Log