Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Battery life — Parallax Forums

Battery life

InquisitorInquisitor Posts: 1
edited 2010-05-19 17:52 in BASIC Stamp
There are a mumber of items drawing power, and to extend the battery life I figured that i could hook the batteries up in parrallel.·Two of my·concern·are that the increased amperage may have a negative effect and that this may void the warranty on the parts. Does anybody know if this will work, and not void the warranty, or know of a better way.

Comments

• FranklinFranklin Posts: 4,747
    edited 2010-05-19 17:15
    The parts connected to the battery will only draw what they need so that is not a worry. There are devices that will use all the power available like bare resistors and LEDs that need to have current limiting but they usually need this even if you are using only one battery/power source.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    - Stephen
  • sumdawgysumdawgy Posts: 167
    edited 2010-05-19 17:52
    I would also suggest using power diodes from each battery (rated to handle the current). This would prevent a bad battery from killing/draining a good one. The diodes would simply switch between sources depending on which has the highest voltage at the time.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. - unknown