Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Upgrade — Parallax Forums

Upgrade

YakuptYakupt Posts: 4
edited 2010-05-17 06:19 in BASIC Stamp
Hi,

I would like to upgrade my boe-bot, can anyone have recommend as for now I doing IR + gripper. Any suggestion.

Regards,
Yakupt

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2010-05-15 14:52
    What do you want to do with it?

You could add a wireless control link to a PC using xBee

You could add a PING to supplement the IR. You'd have to figure out another way to mount the PING servo since the gripper is in the way or use a fixed mount for the PING and turn the whole BoeBot the way you have to do now to scan the environment with IR.

You could change over to a Propeller either using a SpinStamp or making your own Propeller Boe using a Protoboard as was done here:

http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php?p=635533
  • YakuptYakupt Posts: 4
    edited 2010-05-15 15:23
    Hi,

I would like to do some basic upgrade as I unable to spend a lot of time doing as i also have my part time job. Thanx for the reply and i saw your forum is very interesting but i don't think I able to do that as I new to the robot.

Regards,
    Yakupt
    edited 2010-05-15 15:33
    How about adding music inside? Is it good.
  • FranklinFranklin Posts: 4,747
    edited 2010-05-16 04:05
    Sure, the idea behind parallax kits is they allow YOU to build things you want. If you don't know what YOU want to do next how is someone else going to know?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    - Stephen
  • Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2010-05-16 04:40
    You asked about music. A BoeBot can make tones, so it could play a simple tune just by adding a piezo-speaker or a speaker with a one transistor amplifier. Look at the FREQOUT statement description in the Stamp Basic Syntax and Reference Manual.

If you want "real music" like MP3 files or WAV files, you'd need to add something like the Vinculum VMusic2 or some other MP3/WAV player chip and an SD card to hold the music.
  • Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi)Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi) Posts: 23,514
    edited 2010-05-16 05:24
    As a happy medium between FREQOUT and MP3, you could also consider the Parallax SoundPAL, which has it's own speaker, and tone-producing and sequencing capability.

-Phil
    edited 2010-05-17 06:19
    Hi,

Can I use the pizospeaker?

Yakupt