Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Schematic drawing template for PAINT — Parallax Forums

Schematic drawing template for PAINT

EverQuriousEverQurious Posts: 48
edited 2010-05-30 08:24 in Learn with BlocklyProp
Perhaps some of you remember a little program that came on most all computers called Paint. Although it started as a basic kids drawing program, it has evolved in to a fairly power drawing tool. I use it for both mechanical and electrical diagrams. If your looking for a full blown CAD to generate PC traces, look elsewhere. But I don't want or need at this time to learn a powerful software package now.
If you are interested in using Paint to generate professional looking schematics, I am attaching a cut and paste template with a general array of symbols ready to go!
If you like this idea or have questions about it let me know.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
EverQurious

Try not to fret and worry bout the things that you have not...
Just remember to be thankful for the things you've got !!!

Comments

• mikedivmikediv Posts: 825
    edited 2010-05-17 01:17
    EverQ thank you very much. I was looking for a real quick and dirty way to draw schematics for posting to this forum. This is perfect
  • EverQuriousEverQurious Posts: 48
    edited 2010-05-17 04:54
    Thanks for the feed back Mike. I've found it, as you say cheap,dirty, and EASY!

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    EverQurious

• WhitWhit Posts: 4,191
    edited 2010-05-23 03:32
    @EverQurious

Thanks!

Attached is a similar set of drawings for documenting Bread Board set ups. This was posted a while back by Oldbitcollector.

Hope you enjoy it.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Whit+

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
    edited 2010-05-24 17:22
    Thanks for the template, but I can't seem to get it up to size in paint. Am I doing something wrong? Image only covers a small corner of the screen. Help!

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    EverQurious

edited 2010-05-25 19:37
    Did you click on the image to open it (then save it) or save the thumbnail?

After playing with it - I believe that may be the problem. Click on the attached image. It will load the full size version and then save it on your computer.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Whit+

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
    edited 2010-05-26 04:02
    I have tried everything I can think of. It either saves a a thumb size JPEG or as a larger file, but PAINT won't read it.
    May still me. Do you know what the image was created with? Thanks again. EQ.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    EverQurious

edited 2010-05-26 17:52
    @EverQurious,

I don't know how it was created. You might send Oldbitcollector a PM. It works on my computer at home and work. Sorry I couldn't help.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Whit+

• electrosyselectrosys Posts: 212
    edited 2010-05-28 11:52
    @EverQurios,

It works very well for me, when I click on the attached image, it loads in the Paint. I have also download and saved the attached image, it loads in
    the Paint every time.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
  • MikerocontrollerMikerocontroller Posts: 310
    edited 2010-05-30 08:24
    Older versions of MS Paint did not provide native support for graphics file formats unless they were .bmp or .pcx. The necessary filters were provided by installing other Microsoft applications such as MS Office. Later versions of Paint had native filters. Thanks for sharing your applications with us.