Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Professional Development Board - pulse generator led — Parallax Forums

Professional Development Board - pulse generator led

Steve RennellsSteve Rennells Posts: 40
edited 2010-05-14 17:42 in BASIC Stamp
I have a dumb question about my PDB. one of the led's for the pulse generator is always on. If i press the pg button the led's cycle through the four led's with each button press. Is this standard for the board?

Comments

• eod_punkeod_punk Posts: 146
    edited 2010-05-14 12:44
    As you press the button it should advance one LED, after the forth LED it goes back to the first LED.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    There is no problem that can't be solved with a suitable amount of explosives!

EOD Memorial
  • Steve RennellsSteve Rennells Posts: 40
    edited 2010-05-14 12:48
    eod_punk - yep that's what it does. I was just questioning why one of the led's is always on, indicating the pulse generator is always active.
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2010-05-14 17:14
    Steve,

The Pulse Generator is always active, but you have to connect the output to something for it to affect anything. This is by design.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage

Parallax Engineering
    ·
  • Steve RennellsSteve Rennells Posts: 40
    edited 2010-05-14 17:23
    Thanks Chris, that eases my troubled mind, lol. I was wondering if my board was somehow defective. I've had this board for awhile now and haven't played around with it. I gotta say I don't know what I was thinking leaving this thing to gather dust. It's pretty handy having all the stuff that is on this board just a jumper wire away.
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2010-05-14 17:42
    Steve,

I use the PDB for all my BASIC Stamp related development until a more permanent board is made for the project. It's quite convenient.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage

Parallax Engineering
    ·