Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
I2C digital pot — Parallax Forums

I2C digital pot

hvguyhvguy Posts: 18
edited 2010-05-10 14:11 in BASIC Stamp
I have spent hours on Google trying to find some sample code for implementing a digital pot using I2C, but I can't find anything useful. I'm just getting started with this uC thing and could really use some good code to point me in the right direction. I intended to use the AD5263 to control two 556's. Anyone have experience using I2C digital pots with a BS2p?

Post Edited (hvguy) : 5/11/2010 8:44:34 AM GMT

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2010-05-10 14:11
    The BS2 doesn't have built-in I2C control statements (while the BS2p series modules does have this). It's possible to use I2C through subroutines and one of the Nuts and Volts Columns (#85) downloadable from Parallax (www.parallax.com/Resources/NutsVoltsColumns/NutsVoltsVolume3/tabid/445/Default.aspx) does cover this and the source code is downloadable. There are no specific examples for I2C digital pots. You will need to download, read, and basically understand the documentation on the digital pots you want to use. You might read the documentation on the I2C statements in Stamp Basic even if you don't have a BS2p series module since it explains some of what's needed for any I2C device and the subroutines are intended to substitute for the built-in statements of the BS2p series Stamps.