Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Boe Maze — Parallax Forums

Boe Maze

BoeBotBoeBot Posts: 37
edited 2010-05-08 19:45 in BASIC Stamp
If I were to make a Boe Bot the can navigate through a maze, would I need additional parts other than the ones that come with the Boe Bot kit?

Does anyone have code that I could use for this project?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
Change is inevitable - except from a vending machine.

Robert C. Gallagher

Comments

• FranklinFranklin Posts: 4,747
    edited 2010-05-08 03:23
    Why would you want to navigate through a maze?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    - Stephen
  • logan996logan996 Posts: 281
    edited 2010-05-08 03:28
    I don't have a Boe-bot but i know how they work and all that. I think that you wouldn't need much depending on the size of your maze, you might want a PING mounted on the front (not rotating) to detect a dead end, and maybe some IR sensors on the sides to detect if there is a pathway to backup and goto or if ther is a wall there. You also might want to find some way of knowing where yo have been and haven't. This might be possible by using the QTI line senosors on the parallax site and adding a permanet/black marker mechanism that lowers it down so that it makes a line, and so when the QTI sensors see the line the bot register "i've been here before". But of course you could build a maze bot with what it came with, i was just giving suggestions on how to make it more accurate.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    "WOAH! that wasn't supposed to happen!"
  • logan996logan996 Posts: 281
    edited 2010-05-08 03:43
    Also in order for those to work you want to mount the ping at the bottom of the front of the bot, but if the maze walls are higher than the bot with the ping on top then it does/t matter. (btw i know this might seem obvious but i'd use cardboard for the maze)

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    ▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    "WOAH! that wasn't supposed to happen!"
  • BoeBotBoeBot Posts: 37
    edited 2010-05-08 19:45
    Thanks, Logan. Good idea with the line follower. I'm probably going to get the PING. I could program the exact lengths of distance and turns into the Boe Bot, then it could navigate easily.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Change is inevitable - except from a vending machine.

Robert C. Gallagher