Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
HB-25 dual substitution board $11.70!!! — Parallax Forums

HB-25 dual substitution board $11.70!!!

logan996logan996 Posts: 281
edited 2010-05-02 19:52 in BASIC Stamp
Hey i found this on robotshop.ca! it's a dual motor controller with a motor prototyping area, it is controlled with PWM too! it's only $11.70! i don't think it's as accurate as the HB25 but it is definatly smaller! It also looks like you can use something like a dremel and cut out both the motor controller circuts. Each·one (of·2) is isolated on the other side! it's great for small robots that can be powered almost by a BS2 but just can't but it can go way higher too!·heres link: http://www.robotshop.ca/dagu-mr-basic-dual-2a-motor-controller-board-5.html·and heres a link on a awesome cheap little robot platform that has 2 motors with the controller: http://www.robotshop.ca/dagu-mr-basic-mobile-robotic-platform-2.html· (Looks like this platform would be great with a BS2 OEM module soldered straight to the protoboard!)
Controller:
dagu-mr-basic-mobile-robotic-platform-4-B.jpg

Robot platform using·DMC:
dagu-mr-basic-mobile-robotic-platform-5-B.jpg

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
"When the government is afraid of the people there is liberty, when the people are afraid of the government, there is tryanny"

· Thomas Jefferson

Comments

• logan996logan996 Posts: 281
    edited 2010-05-02 17:22
    i was actully thibkin of soldering a 18 pin PIC to the board and all it's componets so i could prgram it directly from the board

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    "When the government is afraid of the people there is liberty, when the people are afraid of the government, there is tryanny"

· Thomas Jefferson
    ·
  • P!-RoP!-Ro Posts: 1,189
    edited 2010-05-02 18:49
    Of course it's cheap, it doesn't do pwm on it's own and it doesn't have over-current prevention like the HB-25. Also, it has a max of 6v and 2 amps, so considering that is the equivilent of 12 watts and the HB-25 controls 16v 50a or 800 watts it has a difference in power output of 800 to 12. Not very good, is it? That means you would need 67 of those boards to rival the HB-25 in power output, and at a price of $11.70 it would cost $780.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Got 150 pounds of bot and growing.
    edited 2010-05-02 19:13
    it does support PWM, read the product listing on the site, even look at the picture there is a pinout named PWM for each

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

· Thomas Jefferson
    ·
    edited 2010-05-02 19:14
    besides it is good for smaller motors

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

· Thomas Jefferson
    ·
  • P!-RoP!-Ro Posts: 1,189
    edited 2010-05-02 19:52
    Of course it does! All relays and transistors support pwm. But which is doing it, your motor controller or your microcontroller? Also I thought I'd make mention that you could make the same controller yourself for under 2 bucks at 5 amps 60 volts if you wanted--you wouldn't get that nice board to solder to though.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Got 150 pounds of bot and growing.