Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
PS2 wireless controlled robot — Parallax Forums

PS2 wireless controlled robot

edited 2010-05-03 00:37 in BASIC Stamp
i am try to get a pelican predator s controller i got. To control my boebot. I read through the forum discussion about it. But i have a few question.

#1- In the schematic for the interface. Is this for a extension cable to the wireless receiver. to connect to the bread board on the BOE?
#2- Has anyone ever tried this controller? I know people say the pelican controllers work. But is there a specific model?
#3- Does anyone Know which code i need to run on the stamp?
#4- What program is the debug terminal one. Would it help if i got a wired controller to help trouble shoot whats going on?

Any help would be greatly useful.
Thanks

Comments

• sumdawgysumdawgy Posts: 167
    edited 2010-05-01 14:51
    In theory, the wireless controller's RF reciever dongle that plugs into the console...accepts & sends the same signals/codes as the wired unit. The only difference, will be a slight delay.( Not really noticed by us humans.)

So oyu'll need to connect the PS2jack into your connection to the BOE. If you have a Gamestop (or other used game system reseller) nearby, go and get a wired ps2 extension cable. Cut it in half (or less if needed..I just like extra wire to be flexible.) and then you can use a meter to check the pins to colors configuration. (there's NO standard to that.) Finally you can connect the extesion wires to your BOE as the schematic instructs & away you go!

Far simpler than dissasembling the wireless unit.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. - unknown
  • SRLMSRLM Posts: 5,045
    edited 2010-05-02 22:40
    Can you provide a link to the datasheet of the "pelican predator s controller"?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔