Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
detecting positive versus negative voltage — Parallax Forums

detecting positive versus negative voltage

gablorgablor Posts: 7
edited 2010-04-29 15:15 in BASIC Stamp
·I have a device that controls a small·motor.·It has intricate·circuitry which·I find hard to read. ·It·drives the motor using two wires with 5 volts accross.· The charge changes direction to rotate the motor clockwise or counter clockwise.
My objective is to detect the charge change by using BS2 and operate a much larger motor using hb-25 motor controller.
Can someone help me build a circuit diagram showing this device connection to BS2 and HB-25. Also what code or instruction should I use to read the voltage from BS2?· Do I need any other IC or components for this? I will also appreciate·if you have·links you can share to similar projects or topics.

Post Edited (gablor) : 4/29/2010 4:33:16 AM GMT

Comments

• stamptrolstamptrol Posts: 1,731
    edited 2010-04-29 14:22
    ·You'll probably find that you'll get better advice by providing some more concrete details of your project along with some details of what you've tried in trying to move forward.

· Nonetheless, I think I have grasped the basics of what you are trying to do.

· By using 2, ·5-volt relays ( SPDT) with contacts rated for the bigger motor, plus a few diodes, you can implement your requirements pretty easily.

· I've attached a sketch of what came to mind.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Tom Sisk

http://www.siskconsult.com
  • gablorgablor Posts: 7
    edited 2010-04-29 15:15
    The motor_control circuit you provided is·great. I will work on the prototype immediately. Thank you Tom (Sisk) for your help.