Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Radio Shack 5vdc spdt mini relay - Page 2 — Parallax Forums

Radio Shack 5vdc spdt mini relay

2»

Comments

• sumdawgysumdawgy Posts: 167
    edited 2010-05-06 18:37
    i'll see what i can find out...I used this thing....20years ago....
    But i held in my hand..repeatedly. Even tho I am getting old..

BTW the regulators they used.... had the built in feeback circuit...they were simple 3 pin regulators and they dumped into a massive circuit path that fed the motor thru a relay.·

It's possible the case threw me and thew were power transistors rather than regulators...there was no internet back then for easy part lookups..you had to make phone calls or have the tech reference books.....don't miss that.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. - unknown

Post Edited (sumdawgy) : 5/6/2010 6:47:30 PM GMT
  • sumdawgysumdawgy Posts: 167
    edited 2010-05-06 19:01
    http://www.pt-boat.com/electric/speedcontroller.html

The layout of my old unit was much like this one...however there were a bit mor transistors/regulators..

& they were all the same size... this one..is using FETs.....

.....Looking more at his design.. my unit must also have had FETs but I confused them w/regulators. My apologies.

Nice work tho...(have to add that in my save for later project ideas bin!! Thanks metron!!!)

still looking...to see if my old one is pictured anywhere tho...

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t75/marki53/controller.jpg

is a far more modern unit but laidout dimliarly..except that mine unit had everything·in·ONE row not·two....·& the cases of the "FETs" protruded above the plastic case intermixed with the fins.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. - unknown

Post Edited (sumdawgy) : 5/6/2010 7:06:50 PM GMT