Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Supplies/Programmer to make animatronic mask. — Parallax Forums

Supplies/Programmer to make animatronic mask.

kinseyboykinseyboy Posts: 1
edited 2010-05-04 11:10 in BASIC Stamp
I am searching for somebody who can help me with the electronic department of my "Raiden" mask creation. I do not know what I am getting myself into with the electronic department fully and I need
To learn, I do not know what materials I need to make this possible, besides servo's, and the "Controller".There are moving parts to the mask that work at seperate times, Helmet cover retracts upward, The L.E.D's in the "Solid Eye's" flicker and make a sound of deactivation, and the L.E.D's dimm off just before the "Solid Eye's" Retract to the sides. I want this to be controlled by a touch sensor that I will integrate into the suit. I want to be able to press the touch sensor and the mask will retract to its resting position, and ONLY return the the operating position when the touch pad is pressed again.
I need the materials required to make this possible BEFORE I make the suit so I can custom build a carrier that will conceal the electronic devices so they appear as a part of the suit. Don't forget the sound
of the L.E.D.'s Deactivating. I need just a small speaker that will do the job, VERY SMALL, Its not a loud noise, I just want the effect. I will learn the programming or pay to have it programmed at another time.
This is going to be my resume for job applications and It must be exceptional. To make understanding this easier,·you·can watch a you tube video·http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2PN7iN8Bec 4 min 10 seconds and it·displays what EXACTLY I am making this mask do. The only parts of the mask not completed are the areas containing the servos for mask operation. Please think this over, fully. There is a sequence of operation, speed of operation, servo operation X3, Dimming L.E.D.'s X6, Sound Displayed, and a Touch Sensor for activation, 2 positions - one operational - one retracted. I want the smallest hardware I can purchase that can do the job I want. And please, I don't know servos very well, I want·everything as small as they come and as quiet as you can get, More important to me is quiet operation. If you have a better Idea to make these retract other than servos then please let me know. Please help me. I also need sources for the supplies, and probably a programmer "Half Payment in advance". thanks.

Comments

• BeanBean Posts: 8,129
    edited 2010-05-04 11:10
    The electronics look fairly simple. 6 L.E.D.s (all on one output). 1 or 2 servos to do the retraction, and a button input to activate the whole thing.

If you get the mechanical design working, the electronics should be pretty easy.

Basically wait for the button to be pressed. Then blink the leds, then move the servo.

Bean.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Use BASIC on the Propeller with the speed of assembly language.
    PropBASIC thread http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php?p=867134

March 2010 Nuts and Volts article·http://www.parallax.com/Portals/0/Downloads/docs/cols/nv/prop/col/nvp5.pdf
    There are two rules in life:
    · 1) Never divulge all information
    If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice. [noparse][[/noparse]RUSH - Freewill]