Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
any help for my sons motion detector project? — Parallax Forums

any help for my sons motion detector project?

toddctoddc Posts: 2
edited 2010-04-20 11:28 in BASIC Stamp
I'm deperately seeking help for my sons school project! I have at my disposal a bs2 stamp a .3A 6VDC slide switch (with pins for board) and a PIR sensor w/ single bit output (I'm assuming this means discreet as in 1 or 0),passive infrared that will detect motion from 20 ft as well as an assortment of resistors, leds, transistors, 555 timers ect.... what we are doing is building a mock-up of a house that when switch is in position 1 and detector senses motion lights turn on for "x" amount of time, and in position 2 piezo speaker sounds alarm and lights flash...can anyone recommend which commands we are looking to use or any kind of advice at all would be very much appreciated...Thanks for the consideration and have a great night!

Comments

• mikedivmikediv Posts: 825
    edited 2010-04-20 01:19
    Todd go to the Parallax home page then click on store go to the PIR sensor there you will find an actual program written for the BS2 for the PIR that sounds like it will already do what you are looking for from there it is very easy to modify it for any particulars.
    I would recommend keeping it very simple you will only need the PIR and a resistor you could also wire in the switch so that the whole thing only works when the switch is in the on position. I hope this helps

Todd sorry reading your post I still think this could be built very easily start with the PIR program and add your stuff from there,, Also the whats a micro controller book has some very good circuits and software you can go to the Parallax home page then go to downloads
    then basic stamp you will find quite a bit of info and software already written and ready to use that you can modify for you specifics.

Post Edited (mikediv) : 4/20/2010 1:25:08 AM GMT
  • toddctoddc Posts: 2
    edited 2010-04-20 11:28
    mikediv, if you are out there thanks a ton!