Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Please help me out — Parallax Forums

Please help me out

RoboLaxKeepRoboLaxKeep Posts: 2
edited 2010-04-23 23:12 in BASIC Stamp
··· I am in a high school digital electronics class where we are currently using the boe bot kits. i now want to start doing my own projects but i dont have too much money.
··· Would it be possible to buy...
··········-a basic stamp module
········· -an appropriate socket for it
········· -a serial cable
········· -a serial port
············· ...and then arrange them and set up to the four programing pins·on a breadboard rather than buying the boe or a carrier board?

thanks

Comments

• SRLMSRLM Posts: 5,045
    edited 2010-04-19 01:27
    Yes, you can make your own setup. If you're on a budget, you may want to look at the BS2 OEM kit (assuming you know how to solder). From there, you can wire up your own serial cable to connect with. If you don't have a serial port on your computer, though, you'll have to buy a USB to serial converter. Take a look at the documentation for the BOE (available on the Parallax website), and look at the schematic. There isn't really all that much that's complicated there.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔