Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Boe-Bot servo question — Parallax Forums

Boe-Bot servo question

VeganRobotVeganRobot Posts: 17
edited 2010-04-20 14:54 in BASIC Stamp
Hi,
Ok, this is a super noob question I hope. I've successfully centered and tested both the left and right servo motors, and assembled the boe-bot. Unfortunately I may an error when I plugged the Left servo into the P13 slot with the colours of the wires on the input "jack" opposite to what they were supposed to be. So of course, i fiddled with the potentiometer before i finally figured it out and switched and now the servos do not behave properly. Here's what I've tried and what i've noticed.

1) i unhooked the servo and wheel and ran the center servo test program. the serve moves a tiny bit and stops
2) the servo will turn when I run one of the clockwise or counterclockwise turn programs, except it always turns counterclockwise regardless of the duration

I hope that was clear enough, any suggestions as to how I can remedy this problem

Thanks.

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2010-04-19 01:53
    It's possible you may have damaged the servo by connecting it backwards. It's also possible that the potentiometer is set wrong (like way at the end of its range). Try recalibrating it (using the center servo test program) and try adjusting the potentiometer to see if the servo starts working normally again.
  • VeganRobotVeganRobot Posts: 17
    edited 2010-04-20 14:54
    Thanks Mike, that's what I did. I ran a program that allowed the servo to keep spinning and centered it that way. At first I thought the same thing: "maybe I damaged the servo" but it didn't make sense because it did spin, just not the way I wanted it to.

When I sat down and though about it logically the answer came to me.

Thanks