Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
How to debug program without boe-bot — Parallax Forums

How to debug program without boe-bot

ellomynameisbobellomynameisbob Posts: 2
edited 2010-04-16 02:00 in Learn with BlocklyProp
I am in a robot club at my school. I was wondering if anyone knew how to debug a program without the actual boe-bot. I made a program that is just a series of movements and placed debugs in each of them because they weren't going past the first one. Can i see the debug screen so i can see if my improv improvements ments worked

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2010-04-16 00:39
    There is a Stamp simulator made by Proteus that's described on Parallax's website. It's not free though. I think the cheapest version is $160 although I could be wrong there. You're better off with the real BoeBot since simulators aren't exactly like the real thing. For example, real BoeBots will skid a little on the floor as they move so you can't count on them moving exactly the same each time they move. With a simulator, the simulated BoeBot would always move exactly the same amount. A program that would work perfectly on the simulator would fail completely after a little while on a real BoeBot.
  • ellomynameisbobellomynameisbob Posts: 2
    edited 2010-04-16 00:46
    no i just want to get to the debug screen without a boe-bot
  • Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2010-04-16 02:00
    You need the Stamp and either a Board of Education (the BOE of BoeBot) or its equivalent to supply power and provide the serial interface.