Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Boe Bot Help — Parallax Forums

Boe Bot Help

write2teachwrite2teach Posts: 3
edited 2010-04-16 06:09 in BASIC Stamp
Hi Everyone

I am using Boe Bot Robtics kits for my Grade 12 Computer Engineering students. For their final summative, I am thinking to implement few extensions to existing Boe Bot. I am trying to simulate a mine detecting robot which is capable of detecting mines in a war like scenario and sends back the approximate location back to the base station. A base station is set up to command the mobile robot and a mobile robot with various sensors mounted on it is used to detect the mines and send back the location of the mines.

During the research, I found that I need to have following hardware:
Hardware:
o NX-1000 BASIC Stamp Experiment Board
o BASIC Stamp 2 module (BS2-IC)
o BOE-BOT.
o 2 row x 16 character Hitachi-compatible parallel LCD with custom manufactured
cable
o Infrared transmitter
o Infrared receiver
o RF transmitter
o RF receiver
o RF antenna
o Digital IR Range finding sensor(GP2D12)
o Photo resistors.

I have 7 groups of students. I am not sure if I only one base station (NX-1000 BASIC Stamp Experiment Board) will work all 7 different mobile robot. Due to the financial issues, I am unable to order 7 (NX-1000 BASIC Stamp Experiment Board) so that my students have better experience.

Can anyone please suggest me what should I do in this case to make this plan feasible for my students?Any suggestions in terms of how many quantities do I need to have in order to run this project will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• FranklinFranklin Posts: 4,747
    edited 2010-04-16 01:33
    What part of the lessons would require the Professional Development board. You could get carrier boards, homework boards or boards of education for less unless there is something unique about that board you need.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    - Stephen
  • Kevin WoodKevin Wood Posts: 1,266
    edited 2010-04-16 06:09
    Hi write2teach. You asked this same question in the Propeller forum, and I answered it over there: http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php?p=898991