Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Newbie help needed with new project. — Parallax Forums

Newbie help needed with new project.

Ady_mAdy_m Posts: 1
edited 2010-04-15 21:58 in BASIC Stamp
Hi everyone.

I am trying to develop a simple machine that is capable of driving a stepper motor on a linear track and creating an 'event' using an output to trigger a relay after each pre-determined step of the motor.

Can someone please give me some guidance as to whether this is possible. I have dabbled a little is Visual Basic before, but this 'application' will have to be converted to Mac. I understand there are a few programs for the Mac that are basically Visual Basic for that platform. Are the command routines compatible with Mac OS?

Thanks guys.

Regards

Adrian

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2010-04-15 21:58
    Your question is not at all clear. You're talking about a machine for driving a stepper motor and triggering some kind of relay periodically during movement. You also mention a Mac and Visual Basic and something about "command routines".

Where does a Stamp figure into this? How does the Mac figure into the project? If you're talking about a stepper and a relay, why do you need a Mac?

A Stamp can certainly control a stepper motor and it can trigger a relay after a certain number of steps have been made.