Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Output Jumping Issue - Revisit — Parallax Forums

Output Jumping Issue - Revisit

THTH Posts: 7
edited 2010-04-12 23:00 in Accessories
Hi Mark and Dave:
·
I have been working on making circuit using your sensor.
I solved output-jumping issue by making stable voltage after Dave suggested using a stable DC voltage.
Yes it works if a stand-alone DC voltage is connected.
·
But when I use the following the circuit provided by someone, the output again jumps.
http://www.scary-terry.com/itw/pirsensor/pirsensor.htm
·
I used 2N2222 and 2N4401 transistors to see but both cases create the output to jump.
Do you haven any solutions or suggestion how to make output voltage to be a stable?
·
I enclosed the sensor with ceramic cup but the sensor itself gives out a voltage, 2.7 to 3.3VDC.
·
When I connect the sensor back to the stand-alone DC power supply it works like normal way.
·
I also used a 555 timer to feed your input to get better stable trigger. That works fine.
But as soon as I connect a switching transistor, the output of the sensor jumps.
·
·
Thank you,
Toshio
·
·

Comments

• FranklinFranklin Posts: 4,747
    edited 2010-04-12 22:42
    Try using a 10K resistor on the output to pull the output to the 'off' rail (power or ground I don't know which it is without looking)

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    - Stephen
  • THTH Posts: 7
    edited 2010-04-12 23:00
    Hi Stephen:

Hahaha, It was my problem. Your statement solved the problem.

After I read your mail I looked at the output and had a 10k to pull up to add additional voltage, 0.7VDC, to the output of the sensor. This additional 10K was causing the problem. I will have to use some other way to pull up the output.

Your sensor does work as I expect.

Thank you, again.
    TH