Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
manuel for programming — Parallax Forums

manuel for programming

hippalatorhippalator Posts: 12
edited 2010-04-13 02:13 in BASIC Stamp
I bought the board of education about 6 years ago and·no longer have the manuel or cd that came with it.
I have a degree in electronics with some experience with visual basic programming. I've just·recently rediscovered the BOE board and stamp in a box when going through the attic. I have a few projects that I'd like to use the stamp in, but no longer have the manuel for it to get started.
Is there a simple downloadable version of the manual to get familar with the language?
I would consider myself a newby with programming language since dealing with Visual Basics was about the same time I bought the BOE.
I'd have to start allover learning programming.

Also, I believe the stamp is an sx but it doesnt say sx anywhere and it doesnt look like any stamp currently on the Parallax website.
How can I identify the stamp?
It looks close to the sx but has an extra chip on it. I think it says·"REV ·F" on the bottom of the chip.

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2010-04-12 13:53
    The introductory and reference manuals are "What's a Microcontroller?" and the "Basic Stamp Syntax and Reference Manual". Both are downloadable from Parallax along with the complete CD. The downloads webpage is here (via the "Downloads" button on the main Parallax webpage): www.parallax.com/tabid/440/Default.aspx

Look at the "Basic Stamp Documentation", "Basic Stamp Software", and "Stamps in Class Downloads" links.

You probably have a BS2. The BS2sx (and the other models) are all clearly identified on the module.
  • Steph LindsaySteph Lindsay Posts: 767
    edited 2010-04-12 17:14
    The books that Mike Green mentioned are both bundled with the BASIC Stamp Editor software version 2.5, accessible through the Help file. The Help also has a "Getting Started" link. I reccommend that you follow this link, and look at the details about your Board of Education. If it is an older serial Board of Education, you will find some notes on how your board will differ from the current boards, which might make a difference when using it with our current Stamps in Class texts.

The CD image Mike mentioned may not have the latest version of our software or the What's a Microcontroller text. You can download the latest version of the BASIC Stamp Editor·software at www.parallax.com/basicstampsoftware.

The PDF and supplemental materials for What's a Microcontroller are also all posted to www.parallax.com/go/WAM.

I hope you have fun with your kit!

-Steph
  • hippalatorhippalator Posts: 12
    edited 2010-04-12 17:50
    Its a serial BOE.
    Thanks the both of you for your help.
  • hippalatorhippalator Posts: 12
    edited 2010-04-13 01:25
    Are there any links to existing code that can be downloaded?
  • FranklinFranklin Posts: 4,747
    edited 2010-04-13 02:13
    Yes, Google Basic Stamp code for a whole lot of it.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    - Stephen