Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
i cant program a basic input out put code — Parallax Forums

i cant program a basic input out put code

joshuaisgoodjoshuaisgood Posts: 2
edited 2010-04-16 01:56 in BASIC Stamp
hi to all. i am new to programing in basic stamp code. i am tring to get the stamp to send curent from one port when it recieves an input signal from another port. if anyone knows how to do this please answer this post with that code. thanks

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2010-04-08 17:40
    Please download and read the "What's a Microcontroller?" tutorial. It will show you how to use PBasic to control the I/O pins and sense signals. See: www.parallax.com/go/WAM

You will have to do the learning. The purpose of this forum is to offer advice, point you to existing information, and clarify information, not to do your projects for you. It always helps for you to provide as much information as possible about what you're trying to accomplish (specifically) since the answer you get may depend on the specifics.

Post Edited (Mike Green) : 4/8/2010 7:44:19 PM GMT
  • Spiral_72Spiral_72 Posts: 791
    edited 2010-04-09 15:18
    That's quite easy to do. I'm with Mike though, it sounds like you need to do a little reading in the BASIC STAMP MANUAL.PDF download it from Parallax. That PDF and the one Mike suggested will show you the basics (and advanced) and show you how to set up a program keeping hardware mistakes to a minimum.

You should have a lot of fun with this micro!

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    "puff"...... Smile, there went another one.
  • electrosyselectrosys Posts: 212
    edited 2010-04-10 19:23
    Hello joshuaisgood,
    I think if you need some code blocks, you have to be a little more specific at your description, like what is the hardware and the kind of signals you are using or palnning to use at the BS2 I/O Pins?
    As Mike said, the "What's a Microcontroller?" is realy great for start with, but if you are in hurry, look at the same book/pdf. from Page 71 Chapter #3: Digital Input - Pushbuttons, that would help you for sure. You could also use the Forums /Search/ at the upper right side.
    Good luck smile.gif

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    At the end, everything will became Electrons...!
  • sumdawgysumdawgy Posts: 167
    edited 2010-04-14 12:49
    Hi Joshua.

Dunno if you are still monitoring this thread or not....(It's part of my litmus test anyway)

Since what you asked is the basic foundation of using the stamp.....it's obvious you didn't even get started b4 you asked.
    ·
    That said, if you ARE monitoring this thread... send me a PM and I'll "work with"/"help" you get started·if you want to.· I can also give you some places to find data you need... the archives here have many nuggets of "gold".· And some some of the code there.....uses programming techniques & commands not referenced by the Stamp programming editor's Help system.

The Forum might not come across·as too friendly to those they don't know "yet". (Did you read the·New Users FAQ?)· But, I've been assisted by kinder/gentler ones in PM and I'd like to "pass it on".· By helping you if you need/want it.

·
  • sylvie369sylvie369 Posts: 1,622
    edited 2010-04-14 23:06
    sumdawgy generously said...

Hi Joshua.

Dunno if you are still monitoring this thread or not....(It's part of my litmus test anyway)

Since what you asked is the basic foundation of using the stamp.....it's obvious you didn't even get started b4 you asked.
    ·
    That said, if you ARE monitoring this thread... send me a PM and I'll "work with"/"help" you get started·if you want to.· I can also give you some places to find data you need... the archives here have many nuggets of "gold".· And some some of the code there.....uses programming techniques & commands not referenced by the Stamp programming editor's Help system.

The Forum might not come across·as too friendly to those they don't know "yet". (Did you read the·New Users FAQ?)· But, I've been assisted by kinder/gentler ones in PM and I'd like to "pass it on".· By helping you if you need/want it.

The reason that people respond to this sort of question with "read the manual" rather than "here's how to do it" is that the question strongly suggests - as you pointed out - that the original poster hasn't done any reading, which means that once this question is answered, he'll probably come right back with another one that could have been answered with a little reading. Forums are really here to supplement - not replace - the information in the manual.

That being said, just yesterday I asked a question over in the Prop forum that revealed my ignorance about some things I probably should have gotten from the Prop manual. I guess I'll be curling up with that manual myself.
  • sumdawgysumdawgy Posts: 167
    edited 2010-04-15 03:38
    @sylvie,

No arguments.· Just that in other forums I've seen some really Artic posts... Although, I've felt a chill myself..I'm not saying that's the case here...

I figure...·If they're not monitoring this thread then, they're not needing my help.· But if he/she Pm's me... With my spare time, I'll see what if I can do make him/her a worthy forum contributant.· (I make no promises.smilewinkgrin.gif )

But I will try to help.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. - unknown
  • sylvie369sylvie369 Posts: 1,622
    edited 2010-04-15 09:18
    No argument intended. As I said, I think your offer is generous. Good luck.
  • PJAllenPJAllen Banned Posts: 5,065
    edited 2010-04-16 01:56
    I think that most everything ought to stay on the Forums (Fora) and not go "underground."·
    If it cannot stand public scrutiny then what's going on?
    I know when members are trying and I know when they are slagging.