Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
PINK Firmware — Parallax Forums

PINK Firmware

NWCCTVNWCCTV Posts: 3,629
edited 2010-04-20 17:06 in BASIC Stamp
As I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of my PINK that is suppose to be comingg from a trade I did with someone in Belgium, a thought occurred to me. I did not find out the Firmware version. Is there an easy way to update the firmware if needed, or do I have to send it back to Parallax if it needs updating? What is the latest version?

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2010-04-08 00:03
    It has to be sent back to Parallax to be updated (if needed). I think the most recent version of the firmware is 1.1, but I'm not positive.
  • JDJD Posts: 570
    edited 2010-04-08 21:54
    NWCCTV,

The latest version of the Pink module is 1.3.5; we can have you send it in for a firmware update, you would just have to pay for shipping both ways. Would this work for you?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Respectfully,

Joshua Donelson
    www.parallax.com
  • NWCCTVNWCCTV Posts: 3,629
    edited 2010-04-08 21:58
    Joshua, Thst will work. I am just waiting for it to arrive. I will check the version. Is there a reason they need to be sent back instead of being able to download and upgrade?
    edited 2010-04-08 22:05
    NWCCTV,

Commonly we have it sent in for simplicity for the users. Do you feel you are comfortable with wiring and downloading new firmware? If so, you can send me an email to support@parallax.com to my attention and I can·get something together for you to follow (step by step). The Pink should have the new firmware if purchased recently; but keep me posted and we will figure something out if it's not.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Respectfully,

Joshua Donelson
    www.parallax.com
    edited 2010-04-09 03:14
    Joshua, I have been in the computer business for 13 years. I have no prolem with wiring and updating firmware. If the PINK shows up, I will send you an e-mail. I was told it was sent out from Belgium on March 27th. Hopefully it will have the latest firmware, but since it is used I am not sure. Thanks.
    edited 2010-04-09 21:14
    NWCCTV,

There has been an update on if we can or can not release the firmware for the Pink; I will clarify by, what I hope to be, before you get the module so we can continue without any type of delay. Sorry for the confusion and regardless if we can or not release the firmware, we will make sure you get the correct and up to date version.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Respectfully,

Joshua Donelson
    www.parallax.com
  • skylightskylight Posts: 1,915
    edited 2010-04-09 21:55
    Im in the UK and purchased the pink from Parallax when they first came out and have not upgraded it since but if you will be able to download the latest firmware that would be awesome.
    edited 2010-04-09 22:04
    Skylight,

Agreed; there have been some crossed wires as to what is allowed and what is not allowed to be sent out or shared; I will be sure to post the solution once it have been confirmed with all parties involved.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Respectfully,

Joshua Donelson
    www.parallax.com
    edited 2010-04-20 16:37
    NWCCTV,

··· It has been confirmed that we can release the firmware to those who request it. Has the module arrived yet?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Respectfully,

Joshua Donelson
    www.parallax.com
    edited 2010-04-20 16:43
    No, It has not. I have my doubts that it will at this point. If it does I will let you know. Thank you
    edited 2010-04-20 16:47
    What is your order number? I can try to see where the package is by the tracking number?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Respectfully,

Joshua Donelson
    www.parallax.com
    edited 2010-04-20 16:56
    It was not prdered from Parallax. A guy in Belgium was going to do a trade and he said he sent it on 3/23/2010.
    edited 2010-04-20 17:06
    I see; well keep me posted. Customs can hold packages until inspected if they deem necessary.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Respectfully,

Joshua Donelson
    www.parallax.com