Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
please help me? — Parallax Forums

please help me?

alselsalalselsal Posts: 2
edited 2010-04-07 17:33 in BASIC Stamp
Hi please advise me as possible I need your Reader will be the entrance to the words of serial data and the transfer of evidence from the Reader to the host computer through a Driver without the need for programming to the programming language Thank you

Comments

• achilles03achilles03 Posts: 247
    edited 2010-04-06 20:29
    Can you describe your project with some more details? Your description is a little too vague.
  • alselsalalselsal Posts: 2
    edited 2010-04-07 14:12
    RFID -based Hospital Real-time Patient Management System
    abstract:
    in health care sector, error in administration drugs and patients have been proven to be very costly in terms of human life. such cost could be reduced by using RFID technology to automate the process of accessing patient profile / records in fast and accurate way
    so I need to reader device withe driver to no need for language programming to transfer data from reader to host computer . with serial interface . if no reader without driver may be i need for reader accept to programing with java language and same Recipes above
  • bill190bill190 Posts: 769
    edited 2010-04-07 16:18
    When I take my dog to the veterinarian, they use a handheld "wand" to read the chip which has been injected into my dog. Then this identifies my dog.

Perhaps these chips could be glued to a patients wrist band, then a similar wand could be used to identify the patient. Might try contacting the companies which make these wands, perhaps one already has an RS-232 interface? And if they did not, I'm sure these businesses would be more than happy to work on such a project!

Here is a search for that...

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&q=pet+microchip+scanner&aq=0c&aqi=g-c1&aql=&oq=pet+mi+scanner&gs_rfai=&fp=ca6b5a4f84435186
  • Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2010-04-07 17:33
    Parallax makes an RFID reader that works with its own microcontrollers and other microcontrollers. It would require some programming on the PC side if you were to connect it to a PC. You can download the documentation and sample programs by going to the webstore page on Parallax's website for the RFID reader (use the search box).

There may be other RFID readers that look to a PC like a keyboard, but I don't have any links to anything other than Parallax's.