Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Imfrared help — Parallax Forums

Imfrared help

logan996logan996 Posts: 281
edited 2010-04-06 14:21 in BASIC Stamp
I need help with the infrared for the BS2. I have a infrared LED and infrared 3 pin reciever, a homework board, and tons of resistors. I need help with the schematics too. What i wanted to do is point a tv remote at the reciever and press a button on the remote so that it sends a signal. then i want the BS2 to store that signal and when a button on the BS2 is pressed it will send that signal (and then to have new button programed in then justreset program)
I don't know the code for infrared but i need the code to look something like this:

VAR's:
Signal

Get_signal:

· getsignal
·· if Signal = 0
··· then repeat
···· else goto Main

getsignal:

·in1 = Signal

Main:

·wait untill·(in2= 1)···············' when the btn is pressed
· then freqout·Signal· ·········· ' then broadcast infrared signal varible
·· repeat

Need help ASAP! Thanks guys!

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
"When the government is afraid of the people there is liberty, when the people are afraid of the government, there is tryanny"

· Thomas Jefferson
·

Comments

• FranklinFranklin Posts: 4,747
    edited 2010-04-05 18:54
    There is some help in the 'boebot with remote control' book along with (I believe) a nuts and volts article on reading the Sony remote.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    - Stephen
  • Spiral_72Spiral_72 Posts: 791
    edited 2010-04-05 20:27
    Note, that the remote sends Ir modulated on some frequency.... 30kHz for example. I assume your three pin detector is tuned to the same frequency as your remote? If so, then all you should get out of the detector is data.

So, when you send the data back out, you probably need to modulate the data again...... With that said I dunno what your doing with the sent data either.

For my information, which Ir receiver are you using? I've been toying with Ir as well.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    "puff"...... Smile, there went another one.
  • logan996logan996 Posts: 281
    edited 2010-04-05 20:50
    umm i ha ve no idea what you said but i have an IR reciever that i got from parrallax, do you know the hookup schematic?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    "When the government is afraid of the people there is liberty, when the people are afraid of the government, there is tryanny"

· Thomas Jefferson
    ·
  • ZootZoot Posts: 2,227
    edited 2010-04-05 21:13
    It's all right here in black and white:

www.parallax.com/Portals/0/Downloads/docs/prod/sic/WebIR-%20v1.1.pdf

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. -- HST

1uffakind.com/robots/povBitMapBuilder.php
    1uffakind.com/robots/resistorLadder.php
    edited 2010-04-05 21:16
    thanks zoot!

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

· Thomas Jefferson
    ·
  • ercoerco Posts: 20,256
    edited 2010-04-05 21:56
    Sounds like you want to build your own "learning" remote control. Any item, any brand. 'Zat about right?

Might be possible, depending on the particular timing and how many different commands you want to store. You'll probably need to use an external 555 timer to generate a 38 kHz carrier and just have the Stamp modulate that.

First you'll need to verify that your remote uses IR (some new ones are RF) and is transmitting on a 38-40 kHz carrier . Got a friend with an oscilloscope?

Next, you should familiarize yourself with the Sony protocol, which Parallax has documented very well. You can extrapolate from that to try to tackle non-Sony codes.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    ·"If you build it, they will come."
    edited 2010-04-05 21:59
    ug, if its going to be that hard than i'll just forget it, i guess ill just work on my other project

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

· Thomas Jefferson
    ·
  • ercoerco Posts: 20,256
    edited 2010-04-06 04:39
    Wow, that was a record for a short-lived quest, logan996! I was about to point you to this thread http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php?p=759751· where I showed how to send·one Sony code out using that ever-loving Stamp/555 combo I mentioned earlier.

Still a good idea, though. Maybe since you're not going to follow up on that, now I'll do it and get rich. Thanks a million!

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    ·"If you build it, they will come."
  • LuckyLucky Posts: 98
    edited 2010-04-06 05:27
    If anybody's interested, I'm working on the same project for the propeller. It can store commands from 2 different remotes and and store up to 36 buttons. You can also reassign a different command to a button by just hitting the reset button and then the desired reprogrammed button. Right now I'm trying to make it as versatile as possible. My cable remote sends 34 high to low alternations while another remote sends just 12 high to low alternations. Both have different high and low times for pulses. Right now, my program works on both remotes and TVs. One thing I did to get more accurate readings of the pulse lengths is to have the user press the button twice in front of the ir receiver, where on the first press it records high pulse lengths and second press reads in low pulse lengths. I don't think it is necessary for the prop since it runs at 80MHz, but you might have to use this method for the BS because its so slow.

-I think they already have these types of remotes out on the market, I just wanted to make my own. I'm using some highpower IR 940nm LEDS to get my distance extended. Also, since the LEDS are modulated at 38khz, you can apply a much higher current than the LEDs rating since it is on for only microseconds at a time.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    "The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on."

-Lucky[size=-1][/size]

Post Edited (Lucky) : 4/6/2010 5:35:57 AM GMT
  • Spiral_72Spiral_72 Posts: 791
    edited 2010-04-06 14:21
    I wanted to do something similar with the TV and drive my wife nuts [noparse]:)[/noparse] Every 5 minutes change from her "Gross Girl Shows" to the Discovery channel. HA!

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    "puff"...... Smile, there went another one.