Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
other kind Ping))) — Parallax Forums

other kind Ping)))

electrosyselectrosys Posts: 212
edited 2010-04-05 14:41 in Accessories
Hello
·I·have purchse a Ping module·from ebay which describs that will works with Basic Stamp too, but I couldn't make it work with my BS2!
I would like to know if anybody have use other knid of Ping module then Parallax Ping))) module.

DC-SS014_1.jpgDC-SS014_2.jpg

·····

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2010-04-05 13:49
    Your experience shows exactly the principle of "buyer beware". Parallax makes, sells, and supports an ultrasonic distance sensor called the PING. If it doesn't work, Parallax will help you to get it working or replace it. The cost of that support is part of the difference in cost between a PING and some other ultrasonic distance sensor.

I'm sorry you're having trouble with the device you bought from eBay, but you'll have to do what you can with the person or company you bought it from. There's a part number on the PCB, maybe you can find some kind of documentation with a web search for the part number.

This is a support forum for Parallax made and/or sold devices, not for competing devices. The "Sandbox" forum would be an appropriate place for discussion of something like this, but I suspect that you're stuck.
  • hover1hover1 Posts: 1,929
    edited 2010-04-05 14:41
    I have bought many items from Sure Electronics before and they are a good company. If you look at the manual on the auction site, you will see that this device is a simple motion detector.
    It does not measure and report distances like the Parallax Ping. It is quite similar to the Parallax PIR sensor, but uses ultasonics instead of infrared.

Jim