Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Gripper Kit for the Boe BOt — Parallax Forums

Gripper Kit for the Boe BOt

CJWCJW Posts: 77
edited 2010-04-04 13:48 in BASIC Stamp
Hi,

·· I would like to know about gripper, as I was fixing it the Parallax standard servos unable to fix inside the boe-bot. Also Where can I put Ping Ultrasoonic Range Finder. Is there any example to show me is better.

Yours Sincerely,
James

Comments

• dandreaedandreae Posts: 1,375
    edited 2010-04-01 16:46
    Are you trying to put both the Gripper kit and the Ping Mounting Bracket kit on the Boe-Bot·at the same time?

Dave

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Dave Andreae

Parallax Tech Support·
  • CJWCJW Posts: 77
    edited 2010-04-02 13:53
    Hi Dave,

Yes, I thought of doing that so I need to know how it works.

James
    edited 2010-04-02 15:27
    Unfortuately, the two are not compatible when using the Ping mounting bracket and Gripper.· If you didn't use the bracket, the Ping would have to be·mounted in such a way that it doesn't pick up the Gripper.

Dave

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Dave Andreae

Parallax Tech Support·
    edited 2010-04-02 15:33
    Hi Dave,

How about colour sensor will it work?
    Can i use the Robot Control with Distance Detection?
    Is it only when I program e gripper then can work. As I thought of doing colour sensor and the gripper in one boe bot.

James

Post Edited (CJW) : 4/2/2010 3:38:35 PM GMT
    edited 2010-04-02 16:08
    The issue is that the Gripper sticks out 4 1/2" which seems to interfere with most sensors.· It's a matter of how you can mount it, you'll need to come up with a ceative of way of mounting the sensor.

Dave

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Dave Andreae

Parallax Tech Support·
    edited 2010-04-03 16:16
    Hi Dave,

ok. Thank you. Do you have the example of the programming for gripper as i need to see how it works?

James
  • FranklinFranklin Posts: 4,747
    edited 2010-04-03 16:39
    The gripper is powered with a servo so you just send it servo (PULSOUT) commands to make it open and close.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    - Stephen
    edited 2010-04-03 17:06
    hi,

So do I need to put any connection with it. E.g tactile Navigation with Whiskers as they also have PULSOUT. Actually i don't understand what is the meaning for PULSOUT,GOSUB. Sorry my programming is not good so i need to clarify.

James
  • FranklinFranklin Posts: 4,747
    edited 2010-04-04 00:18
    Read the manual that came with the boebot or download it from the Parallax site along with the manual "What's a microcontroller and go through the exercises to gain a basic knowledge of the devices you are using on the robot.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    - Stephen
    edited 2010-04-04 13:48
    ok.. Thx. If anything i don noe i ask u again.