Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Problem with IR detector and Easy Bluetooth module — Parallax Forums

Problem with IR detector and Easy Bluetooth module

IdrisIdris Posts: 7
edited 2010-05-05 19:23 in BASIC Stamp
i am using the the IR detector kit to do object detection and it the information is transferred to another robot via the easy bluetooth module.
so far i have been able to establish a transparent link between both modules.

i have done a code which transmits the signals detected by the Left IR sensor and transmits, but when the circuit is built for the right sensor, it does not work. i also retried a code from the basic stamps manual which was used to check the IR detection pairs and they work fine.

Can you all please assist in any way??
Thank you.

code for left IR and right IR

Comments

• FranklinFranklin Posts: 4,747
    edited 2010-03-29 01:51
    Probably because you are trying to read the serial port pin for the IR. You can't send data on pin 0 and read the IR on the same pin. Change in0 to something else.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    - Stephen
  • IdrisIdris Posts: 7
    edited 2010-03-31 20:15
    thanks for the response franklin.i totally overlooked that· and that works now.
    another problem i have encountered is that the left sensor is sending a value for both sensors and sometimes the right is sending.
  • IdrisIdris Posts: 7
    edited 2010-05-05 19:23
    i have a next problem again. when my master robot connects to the slave, it proceeds forward but the and the slave suppose to mimic it but instead the slave is going into the state as if both ir sensors detected an object, executes its commands and then does as the master does. the slave's code is to be able to mimic the master but at the same time be able to detect objects on its own. i have attached the codes