Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
PWM Pal — Parallax Forums

PWM Pal

TumblerTumbler Posts: 323
edited 2010-03-27 15:59 in BASIC Stamp
Hello

I'm searchin for a PWM Pal -like chip or module.
The parallax pwmpal has only 4 pwm outputs, i need at least 15

Anyone knows such one?

@parallax: is it possible to order a modified pwmpal with 15 pwm outputs? I don't need the inputs. Only the serial link bs2<>pwmpal (PINO)

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2010-03-27 05:24
    You could use 4 PWMpal modules, all mounted separately from the Stamp, and control them using 4 Stamp I/O pins, one for each. Since the PWMpal blocks the use of 4 Stamp I/O pins, this would actually free up one I/O pin for other uses.

You'd connect all the PWMpal Vdd, Vss, and Reset pins together to the same pins on the Stamp. Each PWMpal's P0 would be connected to a separate Stamp I/O pin and the 4 output and 4 input pins of each PWMpal would be available for connection to your devices.

Post Edited (Mike Green) : 3/27/2010 5:31:23 AM GMT
  • TumblerTumbler Posts: 323
    edited 2010-03-27 05:41
    I had the same idea Mike, but it will a little expensive for my project.

Looking at the sx20 sheet, i see it has 12 input/outputs, but couldn't find if they all can programmed as pwm outputs.

But thx for answer this
  • Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2010-03-27 15:59
    A cheaper way would be to take a Propeller Servo Controller and modify the built-in control program to do what you want. It's intended to control servos which use PWM in the range of 0.5ms to 2.5ms (roughly), but it would be easy enough to disable whatever bounds checking is in the program and modify it to accept more than 2 bytes of PWM width data if you need that kind of pulse width range.