Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Need to have a 1-5V signal from stamp converted to 2-10V — Parallax Forums

Need to have a 1-5V signal from stamp converted to 2-10V

BadOscerBadOscer Posts: 2
edited 2010-03-23 07:22 in BASIC Stamp
Background:
I'm doing a test project for a voice controlled home automation system, using visual basic and the Basic Stamp2. Everything is working great until I get to
my proposed heating system. The heating system is just heater hooked up to a proportional power controller (like a relay but adjusts current based on an input signal) The proportional power controller works fine. The controllers analogue input is to be controlled by the stamp through a MAX 518 digital to analogue converter (which is outputting 5V at 100%) My original plan was to have the MAX 518 output sent through an op-amp with a gain of two.

Problem:
It doesn't work....nothing much more to say

Question:
Does anyone know of a good way to double the voltage of an analogue signal from the stamp? better yet the MAX 518? I don't care what I would have to buy as long as it is accessible. I used op-amps before but my experience was with instrumentation amplifiers, can any one tell me how they would design the circuit with an op-amp?

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks

--anyone see the season premier of Breaking Bad??--

Comments

• BadOscerBadOscer Posts: 2
    edited 2010-03-23 04:28
    Forgot to mention that the proportional power controller requires an input of 2-10V DC. So that is what I need the stamp to control some way. Is it possible to have two MAX 518 and add their Voltages together? hmmm
  • LeonLeon Posts: 7,620
    edited 2010-03-23 07:22
    focus.ti.com.cn/cn/lit/an/slod006b/slod006b.pdf

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Leon Heller
    Amateur radio callsign: G1HSM