Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
ping on a servo tutorial / article ?? — Parallax Forums

ping on a servo tutorial / article ??

JeffaJeffa Posts: 80
edited 2010-04-04 05:35 in Accessories
I remember seeing a very detailed post/article/tutorial - something... I think it might have been in a project of the week too...

I think it was linked to an article about using a ping sensor on a servo. The 570-28015 bracket kit.

It had a lot of infomation about the science of the measurments and their calculations. geometry, radians 'faking' floating point... quite a lot of valuable information and learning. I believe it was using .bs2 in the article. The information will still be helpfull although I intend to adapt what I learn to .spin. I'd really like to read and study that information if I can find it again. As I recall it was very thorough.

I wrote a radar or sonar kind of screen in C#, and utilitzing what I learned from Martin Hegbel in chapter 5 of the "Programming & Customizing the Multicore Propeller Microcontroller: Official Guide" I have an xbee sending ping data to the .net C# radar screen. I only have a straight on plot right now.·A white dot moves on a black circle (sizable by the form size) in relation to objects in front of the ping.·I'm looking to expand this by having the ping sensor sweep the field of view for 180 degrees.

I'd sure like to find that article again.

Also interested in radar/sonar projects written in any language for any project. And .net GDI+ projects would be cool too. I'm wondering how to implement a sweep for an old school kind of display. Perhaps a timer event.

OK, well thanks for reading...

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
---
Jeff Albrecht - jeffa

---

"There are 10 types of people in the world, those that know binary and those that do not."

Comments

• JeffaJeffa Posts: 80
    edited 2010-03-23 01:26
    As an afterthought... how about a picture?

...30 minutes later I figure out enough of gimp to reduce one of the pictures small enough to meet the upload restrictions :-) Amazing how tangents can keep you off task. I have the detail of the servos, ping and camera but I hear my dinner calling and don't know how to easily / quickly reduce the size of the other picture... utility or suggestions or FAQ to RTFM welcome.

Note my handsome dog Sampson with a Stingray robot above him showing the x/y servo mounting, a ping sensor and above that a uCamTTL from http://www.4dsystems.com.au/prod.php?id=75

Anyone have a propeller·object for the above mentioned camera?

c ya....

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    ---
    Jeff Albrecht - jeffa

---

"There are 10 types of people in the world, those that know binary and those that do not."
    2736 x 3648 - 1021K
    edited 2010-03-25 00:02
    Here it is: hhttp://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php?p=590115

I wrote to support who promptly pointed me to: "Ping)))Dar· – A Radar Style Display"

Thank you Parallax, you're the greatest!· - jeffa

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    ---
    Jeff Albrecht - jeffa

---

• tronsnavytronsnavy Posts: 70
    edited 2010-04-03 00:35
    Jeff,
    If you go to the 2nd page of the link you provided, you will find my conversion of the "ping dar((( - a radar type disply".· I have also attached my spin program for a boe bot I built about a year ago.· Not sure if you can use it, but I included it anyway.· I tried to up load a photo of my boe, but got an error.· Maybe because I havn't posted in a long time.· Been attending the CISCO academy for the last few months (and working full time and have a family).· I have a break now, but will go back on Tuesday.· Wish I had more time for the fun stuff.· Have a good one.· Let me know if you have any questions.· I will monitor the forum this weekend.· But after Tuesday, I will only check on occasion.·
    Bob
    edited 2010-04-04 05:35
    Thank you tronsnavy,

I'll take a look as time permits, but it's back to school Monday for me.

I've completed my goal but, again as time permits... smile.gif I'd like to improve it a bit, I'll need to delve further into .net GDI+ and learn to implement delegates in C#.

I send range and angle data from the propeller via xbee to a .net C# radar scope. I handle the math on the PC in the .net application.

I had just finished a C# class, and had installed an x/y tilting and rotating set of servos on my Stingray. That combined with a recent purchase of a few xbee radios I came up with the project to apply some of the C# and reacquaint myself with .spin

I've gotta get that Stingray doing something other than jousting dust bunnies. (for a laugh see: http://www.rodaw.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/IMG_0355.jpg)

c ya...

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    ---
    Jeff Albrecht - jeffa