Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Motion Sensor Alarm Clock Please Help? — Parallax Forums

Motion Sensor Alarm Clock Please Help?

YuviYuvi Posts: 7
edited 2011-01-12 16:21 in Learn with BlocklyProp
Alright, so I am currently doing a group project for my research class which requires the use of a BASIC Stamp. We are attempting to build a motion-sensor alarm clock with the use of a passive motion sensor and a BASIC Stamp Super Carrier board. We have merely a week to finish this and we are beginners when it comes to coding something like this. What we want is; when the alarm clock goes off, the motion sensor will release a beam of light. The user will have to physically get out of bed and break the beam of light in order to turn the alarm off. Since we are beginners at coding, can anybody help us out with coding this? Thanks!

Also, how long do you think this project could take?

Comments

• KARIM102KARIM102 Posts: 75
    edited 2010-03-20 23:03
    hi there!!! nice idea looool... which sensor u would use X-Band Motion Detector or PIR sensor>>> i perfer PIR sensor cz it's simple and easily and actually u can do it in short time it doesn't need that much time if u know exaclty what u wanna do with ur project>>> if u need help with coding tell me exaclty what u wanna do or happen???????? and u can use the simple code for PIR sensor in parallax webside!!!!!!!!!!!!

best wishes,
    karim
  • YuviYuvi Posts: 7
    edited 2010-03-23 21:08
    thanks>>> i really appreciate your offer of help!>>> but what happen???????????????
    [noparse];)[/noparse]
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2010-03-24 15:24
    Hello,

There is currently a Digital Alarm Clock project in the Nuts & Volts February 2010 issue. The project page can be found at the link below. It wouldn't take much to have the alarm stop via some motion input. Currently it uses a button. I hope this helps. Take care.

www.savagecircuits.com/alarmclock

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage

Parallax Engineering
    ·
  • YuviCYuviC Posts: 2
    edited 2011-01-12 16:21
    bump bump bump