Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Digital recorder control question. — Parallax Forums

Digital recorder control question.

Mitch S.Mitch S. Posts: 2
edited 2010-03-21 06:34 in BASIC Stamp
It has been years since I played with the Basic Stamp, but think a simple BS1·would work for what I need to do.

I have a digital recorder that I need to press a sequence of buttons to get it to the mode I want it in after power is applied so I thought maybe the Basic Stamp would work.

I have already "disected" the recorder and manually wired 3 buttons to it so I can externally control it.· The keypad is using a matrix setup so I cannot just send a high or low to it, so I though I would just use some relays controlled by pins as outputs on the Basic Stamp to do this.

If I use a small enough reed relay and clamping diode, should that be OK to protect the output pins as long as the relay is 20-25 mA?

The reason I am using a Basic Stamp is I have to push the power button for about 3 secs and then press the mode button and then press the record button to get it to the state I want it in when power is applied.· I figured a Basic Stamp would accomplish this with ease.

I was hoping I could just control the "buttons" directly with the Basic Stamp, but then I found out the buttons on the device were matrixed, so no go there.

If anyone can think of a better or easier way of accomplishing this, please let me know.

I apologise if a lot of this sort of thing has been discussed, as I have not read through all the info and forums that I have found on this site yet!

Thanks
Mitch

Comments