Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
NEW! BASIC Stamp Windows Editor v2.5 - Now Available — Parallax Forums

NEW! BASIC Stamp Windows Editor v2.5 - Now Available

Jen J.Jen J. Posts: 649
edited 2010-07-12 02:38 in BASIC Stamp
BASIC Stamp Windows Editor v2.5 - (Supports Windows 2K/XP/Vista/7)
Includes software, USB driver, example code and help for all BASIC Stamp modules.

Download it here:
www.parallax.com/tabid/441/Default.aspx

Enjoy!

Post Edited (Jen J. (Parallax Inc.)) : 3/24/2010 4:44:56 PM GMT

Comments

• LevLev Posts: 182
    edited 2010-03-19 00:18
    Do you mean v 2.5?

Lev

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Lev
  • ercoerco Posts: 20,255
    edited 2010-03-20 04:58
    I think you're right, Lev.
    v2.5 is on the website now. Too bad I just downloaded v2.4.2 on this brand new netbook on Monday. Drats...

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    ·"If you build it, they will come."
    edited 2010-03-22 15:35
    Jen: Did you want to edit your subject line?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
  • servelloservello Posts: 113
    edited 2010-03-24 01:33
    With the 2.5 Editor installed, I see there is no way to save a .bs2 file as a single executable or as an object code with stamp loader.

Anyone else?

-Dominic

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Deus tantum me iudicabit
  • FranklinFranklin Posts: 4,747
    edited 2010-03-24 03:17
    Maybe 2.5 should be listed as beta?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    - Stephen
  • Jen J.Jen J. Posts: 649
    edited 2010-03-24 16:43
    Yes. v2.5 is correct. I have edited the original post.
  • Jeff MartinJeff Martin Posts: 755
    edited 2010-03-25 14:55
    servello said...
    With the 2.5 Editor installed, I see there is no way to save a .bs2 file as a single executable or as an object code with stamp loader.

Anyone else?

-Dominic

Thanks for letting us know! That was unintentional. I checked it out and determined that what happened was due to a conflict with the embedded Stamp Loader (in that stampw.exe) and the process of digitally signing the executable (something we are doing from now on).

I'll fix the problem and re-release and will notify this thread when that happens.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    --Jeff Martin

· Sr. Software Engineer
    · Parallax, Inc.
    edited 2010-03-25 18:48
    Thanks, Jeff.

You guys are the best.

-Dominic

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Deus tantum me iudicabit
  • Ron CzapalaRon Czapala Posts: 2,418
    edited 2010-03-26 14:29
    This is also a problem - copying from the Basic Stamp Help

Copying text from example code (e.g. command reference, etc) using CTRL-C does not work

http://forums.parallax.com/forums/default.aspx?f=5&m=438754
  • Jeff MartinJeff Martin Posts: 755
    edited 2010-03-26 14:52
    Yeah, we're trying to figure out why copy/paste is disabled too, that's really strange.· Thanks for the reminder.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    --Jeff Martin

· Sr. Software Engineer
    · Parallax, Inc.
    edited 2010-03-26 15:14
    Jeff,

·· I noticed if you double-click "Default.htm" or "Default_Left.htm" in Windows Explorer, you can copy with no problem...

Invoking help with BASIC Stamp Help.exe seems to be the problem.
  • John R.John R. Posts: 1,376
    edited 2010-03-26 15:28
    Jeff;

It's been a while, but ronczap has triggered a faded memory. I believe that when you call help programatically, there is/was/maybe options to enable/disable some functions (copy and maybe even printing). This was about copywrite protection, etc.

I may be totally off base, that might explain why the "double clicking" allows the copy, but "F1" or menu access does not.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    John R.
    Click here to see my Nomad Build Log
    edited 2010-03-26 16:12
    It also·looks like the Expand All and Collapse All buttons do not·work
  • LevLev Posts: 182
    edited 2010-05-22 23:07
    Any news on the copy/paste problem? It isn't working for me either (Windows 7, V2.5 of the editor).

Lev

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Lev
    edited 2010-05-24 18:04
    It looks like there are still several issues with Editor v2.5 that need fixing, but it's still listed as the primary download on Parallax software page, without any notation that fixes are needed and in progress. Personally, I prefer not to uninstall and reinstall programs unnecessarily. If the previous version works better, why not keep it as the primary download until v2.5 works perfectly?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    edited 2010-05-24 18:13
    I agree.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Deus tantum me iudicabit
  • Steph LindsaySteph Lindsay Posts: 767
    edited 2010-05-24 19:01
    erco said...
    It looks like there are still several issues with Editor v2.5 that need fixing, but it's still listed as the primary download on Parallax software page, without any notation that fixes are needed and in progress. Personally, I prefer not to uninstall and reinstall programs unnecessarily. If the previous version works better, why not keep it as the primary download until v2.5 works perfectly?

A fair question erco!

In this case, documentation dependency for·our basic beginner products necessitated the release as "v2.5."

One major component of·this release is the expanded BASIC Stamp Editor Help. It now includes a "Getting Started with Stamps in Class" tutorial section for hardware connection, testing and troubleshooting. Our "What's a Microcontroller? v3.0" text relies on this section.

Books are more cumbersome to update than software (this is the first update since 2004!) and of course material in them can become outdated very quickly.·Creating this section of the Help allows us to expand the list of supported development boards as needed, and update the Connection Troubleshooting section·as issues arise/resolve with Windows OS changes as well.

The 3.0 book revision went off to be printed months in advance of the·Help file creation and·software updates, and of course at that point the software version referenced in the book was fixed. It is always interesting to document something that doesn't exist yet!

The copy/paste issue was·inadvertent, and not an intentional attempt to be obstructive for copyright protection reasons. It will be repaired, and we apologize!

ronczap, what OS and IE version are you using? I am not experiencing problems with the expand/collapse buttons...

Thanks much,
    -Stephanie
    Editor, Parallax Inc.
    edited 2010-07-12 02:38
    Steph,

Not sure why I did not get notified this thread had a new message.

The expand all and collapse all DO WORK - I did not realize that they operated on the right hand pane.

I thought they expanded the tree view in the left pane.

Sorry....