Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
MacBS2 cannot connect to Basic Stamp 2 — Parallax Forums

MacBS2 cannot connect to Basic Stamp 2

vrishvrish Posts: 1
edited 2010-03-17 22:22 in BASIC Stamp
Hello,

I have a Mac and have download the great MacBS2 program and I am attempting to connect my Boe-Bot board to the application. But I run into an error when I am attempting to "ID Stamp". There is an error that pops up, saying, "Basic Stamp 2 detected but not responding. Check power." Here is my current setup: I have fresh batteries hooked up to my board, it is switched into the 1 or 2 position (making the little green light go on) and I have it connected to the computer through a USBto232 adapter (from serial to usb).

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have been scouring the forums trying to reinstall the application, drivers but nothing seems to work so far.

Thanks!

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2010-03-17 22:22
    Look in the "Member Supported FAQ" sticky thread. About the only thing you haven't mentioned is what type of USB serial adapter you're using. Some of them don't work for programming. Pretty much any FTDI chip based adapter will work and some Keyspan adapters work. There is a thread where people have reported what kind of adapter they're using successfully. I don't have a link for it, but check the recent (week) threads for that.

Recheck your wiring, recheck whether the Stamp is properly installed on the BoeBot, recheck your batteries and their connections. There's nothing special about using a Stamp with a Mac and MacBS2.