Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Servo Motor Error — Parallax Forums

Servo Motor Error

burp16burp16 Posts: 14
edited 2010-03-16 18:12 in BASIC Stamp
Hey all, I have run into a very serious problem, i purchased the continuous rotation servo motor from parallax and i sent the 750 pulsout and centered it. In the first few trys, i gave that motor the pulsout 650 and 850 and it moved opposite ways respectively. Now that i try it i run the 650 code and it moves clockwise but when i give the motor the 850 code, it doesnt run at all. Then i gave it the 750 code and moved the potentiometer around opposite ways and when I moved it to either the extreme left or the exteme right, it would only move clockwise and not counterclockwise. It would be like starting from the left of the potentiometer slowly turning it to the irght and first it would go full speed clockwise then slow down and then come to a halt and make this hornlike sound and then move clockwise again. It did not move at all in the counterclockwise direction. Also I have another identical srvo motor and it works perfectly both ways so its not the wiring or circuit error. There seems to be a problem with the servo but what, I did not do anything but just try it a couple of times and its inoperable to move at counterclockwise. So how do i fix this exactly and what and why is this problem occuring. Thank You!!!!!!!!
P.S. I am using a basic stamp 2 and I am powering the carrier board with 9 volts and independently powering the motor with 4 double As which is 6 volts. Sorry this is so long !!!!!!

Comments

• W9GFOW9GFO Posts: 4,010
    edited 2010-03-16 18:12
    I think you need to contact Parallax directly and describe to them the problem. If one servo works and the other doesn't when swapping them out, while everything else remains the same, then that is a clear indication that the problem is in the servo.

A friendly suggestion - please make your posts easier to read. A big block of text like that makes my eyes cross.

Rich H

p.s. Make sure that the ground of your 4 AAs shares the ground with your carrier board.

Hey all, I have run into a very serious problem, i purchased the continuous rotation servo motor from parallax and i sent the 750 pulsout and centered it.

In the first few trys, i gave that motor the pulsout 650 and 850 and it moved opposite ways respectively.

Now that i try it i run the 650 code and it moves clockwise but when i give the motor the 850 code, it doesnt run at all.

Then i gave it the 750 code and moved the potentiometer around opposite ways and when I moved it to either the extreme left or the exteme right, it would only move clockwise and not counterclockwise. It would be like starting from the left of the potentiometer slowly turning it to the irght and first it would go full speed clockwise then slow down and then come to a halt and make this hornlike sound and then move clockwise again. It did not move at all in the counterclockwise direction.

Also I have another identical srvo motor and it works perfectly both ways so its not the wiring or circuit error. There seems to be a problem with the servo but what, I did not do anything but just try it a couple of times and its inoperable to move at counterclockwise.

So how do i fix this exactly and what and why is this problem occuring. Thank You!!!!!!!!

P.S. I am using a basic stamp 2 and I am powering the carrier board with 9 volts and independently powering the motor with 4 double As which is 6 volts. Sorry this is so long !!!!!!

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    The Simple Servo Tester, a kit from Gadget Gangster.

Post Edited (W9GFO) : 3/16/2010 6:27:33 PM GMT