Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Can some one tell me how to program qrd1114 sensor? — Parallax Forums

Can some one tell me how to program qrd1114 sensor?

SandhuamarinderSandhuamarinder Posts: 85
edited 2010-03-15 23:23 in Learn with BlocklyProp
Hi guys
I wants to know how to program qrd1114 sensor its a infrared sensor. I am student i know how to program other sensors but not this can some one help me.
Thanks
I had made the circuit already. Just dont know how to program it bcoz i am using robot arm with it thats a thing.
·I had attached the data sheet in attachment.
Its urgent guys
i am making the project and i dont know how to program this sensor.

Post Edited (Sandhuamarinder) : 3/15/2010 7:09:16 PM GMT

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2010-03-15 19:28
    This is just an LED and a phototransistor in the same package. Download a copy of "What's a Microcontroller?". Go to the main Parallax webpage and click on "Downloads". Click on the "Stamps in Class Downloads" link and you'll find this tutorial. Chapter #2 deals with controlling LEDs and Chapter #3 deals with pushbuttons. A phototransistor works somewhat like a pushbutton. Just be sure to connect the collector to +5V if the circuit you're using has one end of a pushbutton connected to +5V. Alternatively, connect the emitter to ground if the circuit you're using has one end of a pushbutton connected to ground. Look at the chapter. It should be clear.
  • Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2010-03-15 20:20
    You need to include a diagram or detailed description of how you have things connected. Particularly important is the polarity of the LED and the phototransistor. You must include the source program that you are actually using if it is different from what you posted.
  • SandhuamarinderSandhuamarinder Posts: 85
    edited 2010-03-15 23:23
    Thanks sir for the help

Problem solved.