Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Connect a bluethooth gps to basic stamp 2 — Parallax Forums

Connect a bluethooth gps to basic stamp 2

edited 2010-03-14 20:35 in BASIC Stamp
I have an bluethooth gps. I gonna use it to my bs2 and get nmea gps informations. It has inside some contact points(rx, tx, tp 25, tp 19). How do I connect it to my stamp? How do I recieve serial data?

Comments

• bill190bill190 Posts: 769
    edited 2010-03-13 17:14
    I would start by finding technical documentation for the GPS which explains what these pins are for and also explains serial codes which can be sent and what serial codes would be received via these pins.

Then decide what codes you want to send. What information you want to receive.

And the electrical requirements for these pins.

I know I have a cell phone which comes with instructions for the consumer on how to use it. My cell phone also has electrical connections and these are not documented in this instruction manual other than "plug this or that into that jack".

But somewhere else out in the world is detailed technical documentation as to what the pins are for and what all these pins can be used for.
  • edited 2010-03-13 18:06
    after an hour with research, i read it use RS-323 and it is a BTGPS-228.
  • edited 2010-03-14 17:49
    How do i program my bs2 to light i LED when it has contact with sattelites?
  • FranklinFranklin Posts: 4,747
    edited 2010-03-14 19:49
    How does the BS2 know there is contact with sattelites?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    - Stephen
  • edited 2010-03-14 20:35
    Good question....I tried Bs2 testprogram for Parallax GPS module...It worked in about 5 secounds[noparse]:)[/noparse] But the qustion is where do i connect my bs2 and which signaltype(RS-232, TTL or something else) does it use? Does enyone else have a datacheet for SiRFGSC3e LP chip? can i desolder it from the gps reciever and attach it to a breadbord an use it with other components?

THX for answers!!!

Sorry my english

Fredrik