Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Interface LED Badge with Stamp? — Parallax Forums

Interface LED Badge with Stamp?

The DoctorThe Doctor Posts: 37
edited 2010-03-17 14:04 in BASIC Stamp
I have one of those 7X21 LED badges, which has a USB connection on it for interfacing with the PC.· Does anyone know if there is a way to interface one of these to a Basic Stamp, either via the USB port on the badge or an internal hack?· Thanks!

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2010-03-10 18:46
    Theoretically you could use a Parallax Memory Stick Datalogger to act as a USB host for the Stamp and plug the badge into the Datalogger. In practice, it depends on how the badge is programmed and what it requires in the way of data. I suspect that neither the schematic nor the source code of the badge is available to you nor is the source code of the PC program available, so you may not be able to do much with it other than completely redesign it saving the LEDs and casing.
  • T&E EngineerT&E Engineer Posts: 1,396
    edited 2010-03-10 20:49
    You can not use the badge with the BS2 because the design requires an interupt to constantly update the display which the BS2 does not have interrupt capability.

However, my first LED display used a hand wired 20x7 display with a BS2 and has code modifications for an SX if you wanted to use one instead.

http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php?p=561144

·But I suppose you might be able to re-write the code for the Badge to get it to work with a BS2 but sounds like a challenge due to lack of interrupts.
  • wallionmickwallionmick Posts: 1
    edited 2010-03-17 14:04
    Badge for BS2 so important as everyone said so..!! Thanks for the fair stuff been given here in this forum..!!

Good to be here..!!

Mick..

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    badge holders