Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
NO Basic stamps found on COM port — Parallax Forums

NO Basic stamps found on COM port

SupahonkeySupahonkey Posts: 3
edited 2010-03-07 14:36 in BASIC Stamp
I purchased the "What's a Microcontroller" kit yesterday. I started programming the "Lights on - Lights off" chapter. Everything was working fine. I get up this morning to start programming and the BASIC stamp editor tells me "No BASIC Stamps found on port COM1". COM1 is the only port on my PC and it was working fine last night. When I click Identify, the Loopback field shows "Yes" but Echo shows "No". According to a search on Google, that combination of Loopback (Yes) and Echo (No) means the serial cable connection is fine but the processor isn't seated in the socket. I have the board that has the BS2 chip soldered; it is always plugged in.

I wrote a program on it last night to flash 3 LEDs in a loop 20 times.

If I click Run, the "Running light" turns off. As soon as the error "No BASIC stamps..." shows, the program from last night executes and it runs through the loop 20 times.

I have tried unchecking the FIFO buffers box under Device Manager but nothing work.

I replaced the battery this morning.

Obviously the PC is communicating with the board because the program from last night on the BS2 actually runs after the error appears from clicking Run.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Brenton
377 x 169 - 17K
680 x 384 - 37K

Comments

• SupahonkeySupahonkey Posts: 3
    edited 2010-03-07 14:27
    P.S. Pressing the Reset button on the board runs the program with no problems.
  • SupahonkeySupahonkey Posts: 3
    edited 2010-03-07 14:36
    Never mind! It was my computer. I plugged it into another PC and it works just fine.