Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Programming Sony TV Remote — Parallax Forums

Programming Sony TV Remote

BoeBotBoeBot Posts: 37
edited 2010-03-07 04:52 in BASIC Stamp
Hello Forum,

I'm trying to remote control my robot through IR with a Sony remote control I found in my house (Sony Remote model number RM-Y168). It responds when I press buttons. But when I click on CH+/CH- and VOL+/VOL- like it says in the book for directional control, it doesn't do anything, my wiring is correct and so is my code. So what could be my problem?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
Change is inevitable - except from a vending machine.

Robert C. Gallagher

Post Edited (BoeBot) : 3/7/2010 4:51:49 AM GMT

Comments

• FranklinFranklin Posts: 4,747
    edited 2010-03-07 02:16
    The remote could be sending the wrong codes or your program could be incorrect.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    - Stephen
  • bill190bill190 Posts: 769
    edited 2010-03-07 02:48
    What I would do is read through the documentation for the IR receiver here...

http://www.parallax.com/Store/Sensors/ColorLight/tabid/175/CategoryID/50/List/0/Level/a/ProductID/177/Default.aspx?SortField=ProductName%2cProductName

Then use a debug statement to see what code(s) are being sent by your specific remote.

Also for further information on this, there is all sorts of stuff on the net. A google.com search for the words...

ir remote control protocol

...will explain all about these things!
  • BoeBotBoeBot Posts: 37
    edited 2010-03-07 04:49
    my code cant be wrong because I downloaded it from Parallax. I've tried everything, you can take a look at my code that I will now attach. Are you sure its not something with the remote?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

Robert C. Gallagher
  • BoeBotBoeBot Posts: 37
    edited 2010-03-07 04:52
    FORGIVE ME EVERYONE. I have just made the most foolish and embarrassing error of my robotics career, I had the Boe Bot in first gear instead of second.

Sorry to everyone who tried to help. But it works now, just a foolish mistake.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

Robert C. Gallagher