Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Stamp Works Experiment #23b: Expanding Outputs Help — Parallax Forums

Stamp Works Experiment #23b: Expanding Outputs Help

MRMR Posts: 46
edited 2010-03-08 21:30 in BASIC Stamp
I have ten 7 segment displays that I am multiplexing. I am using two 74hc595 shift registers daisy chained together to drive the Anodes.

I am using the demo code provided in Experiment 23b of the Stamp works

When I cycle through the anodes the first eight turn on and off sequentially no problem, the two displays connected to the second shift register however are flashing on and off while the digits on the first register are cycling, this causes a ghosted image on the two displays connected to the second register. I need the displays on the first register to turn off when the displays on the second shift register are cycling.

The digits start from the left and move 8 places, only one display is lit at a time. When it gets to digit 9 and digit 10 on the far right the digits on register 1 are still lit, I need these off until the two on the end are finished cycling.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
They say if you Play a Microsoft CD backwards you can hear satanic messages, that's nothing because if you play it forward it installs Windows!

I didn't Fail 10,000 times, I simply found 10,000 ways that didn't work. -Thomas Edison

Comments

• hover1hover1 Posts: 1,929
    edited 2010-03-06 17:58
    MR,

You can set the pattern to WORD and set the Shiftout command for 16 bits, (but still testing for the 10th bit). Get rid of the Counter, also. It was doing what it was supposed to do, counting up in binary on the second S/R.

Jim
  • hover1hover1 Posts: 1,929
    edited 2010-03-08 17:34
    Did this help?
  • stickystampstickystamp Posts: 16
    edited 2010-03-08 21:27
    MR
    Could you post your schmatic with the pin connections I would like to use a 74hc595 but Im not sure how to connect it.

Thanks
  • stickystampstickystamp Posts: 16
    edited 2010-03-08 21:30
    Never mind I found it