Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Boe Bot Firefighter Idea — Parallax Forums

Boe Bot Firefighter Idea

BoeBotBoeBot Posts: 37
edited 2010-03-05 00:19 in BASIC Stamp
Hello Forum,

For my next Boe-Bot project i'm deciding to build a Co2 gas-sensing robot. I want to purchase the Co2 sensor, GPS Receiver and Module and the Cam from parallax.
I was wondering what you guys think about the idea, good? bad?. Any tips or pointers will be appreciated.

If all goes well, I am hoping to enter it into the May WCRS Robot games.

Comments

• FranklinFranklin Posts: 4,747
    edited 2010-03-04 01:08
    Not enough info to form an opinion but I will check back.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    - Stephen
  • BoeBotBoeBot Posts: 37
    edited 2010-03-04 02:33
    I envision it to have a PING))) sensor as well. It will travel through rooms, and detect were Co2 gas may be present, it will signal this through and alarm of some sort. And by having the GPS and cam, I will be able to see where the troubled area may be.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Change is inevitable - except from a vending machine.

Robert C. Gallagher
  • FranklinFranklin Posts: 4,747
    edited 2010-03-04 16:58
    You might need a bigger base for all that stuff. I like THESE they are flexible and easy to modify. If you go this route get several servo brackets at the same time. Take a look at their other stuff too.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    - Stephen
    edited 2010-03-04 17:19
    Thanks for the response Franklin. Are those servo mounting brackets installable onto the Boe Bot? They are inexpensive and I might consider purchasing a few.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

Robert C. Gallagher
  • silverbacksilverback Posts: 40
    edited 2010-03-04 23:04
    Are you thinking of making it tethered or wireless? You might want to go with crawlers to handle different terrains.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    If you convince yourself that something is impossible before you even try; you are sure to prove yourself right.
    edited 2010-03-05 00:19
    Crawlers or treads, treads could probably handle more, and travel faster. And I would probably try to make it a wireless project.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

Robert C. Gallagher